The Student Room Group

I love one person and always will

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Macroverse
Why don't you ask her out?? The best advice a friend gave me was that more people google "I wish I asked her out" than "I wish I didn't ask her out".

It's scary but even if she says no you don't have to put your life on her - admittedly it takes a long time to get over it. I'm female and asked out a guy for the first time last month and he said no and everyone knew I asked him but I still would have asked him as now I don't think about him so much - only 5-10 a day then every ten minutes.

What do you think? You have to be ready to take the step though and it's up to you. It can be wonderful or devastating but if you don't ask you never know.

I will, but I rarely see her in that way. There was one time when she was alone but then her mate showed. I'm protecting myself, not from her hurting me but from so much pain that life has thrown at me. I'm not going to hope for things stupidly. So I enjoy things in another way. I don't have to put my life on it no, but I could fall very deeply in love with her.
Reply 21
I don't want convo to dry up or t to be forced, it was so natural to begin with
Reply 22
I've got no problem asking her, it's finding a place I can chat again, without it being contrived, and when she's alone.
Original post by Anonymous
I've got no problem asking her, it's finding a place I can chat again, without it being contrived, and when she's alone.

Do you have no mutual friends who could help you out or any excuse so that you would see her? Find out where she goes and try to go there?
Reply 24
Do you have no mutual friends who could help you out or any excuse so that you would see her? Find out where she goes and try to go there?

No mutual freinds. I could get to know them by accident but unlikely, they all train there, athletes. So focused, unless I see her in the bar. We met in the steam place.
Yeah but they don't love you. :dontknow:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by Foghorn Leghorn
Yeah but they don't love you. :dontknow:

Thanks for the input. But you don;t know.
Thanks for the input. But you don;t know.

So if she loves you why isn't she with you?
So if she loves you why isn't she with you?

Because they haven't talked about feelings yet. Not everyone tells someone else that they love the other person as soon as they feel that way.
Because they haven't talked about feelings yet. Not everyone tells someone else that they love the other person as soon as they feel that way.

What? By the sounds of it they aren't even together.
Yeah just for about 12 years

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
just because you're in love at the moment doesn't mean you always will be. you can be in love with multiple people in your life time, all of them very different. In the end love isn't enough to make a relationship work; you have to be compatible enough to live with each other for the rest of your life.

You said that the person OP likes doesn't like them. You can like someone and not be in a relationship and the person you like doesn't know about it. Obviously they're not going to be in a relationship if they haven't talked about their feelings for each other. I think you have misread either me, the OP or both?!? If I have been giving suggestions of how they can meet up then surely I know that they are not in a relationship already and you've missed my point?

I can explain or try to clarify my point further but I doubt you care and its not really important either :-)
Anon cos friends here.

Anyone else feel this way? Other things come and go, but she's there in my mind above all else. I love one person for ever. Don't care about settling down with anyone else.

Yes, I can attest to feeling this. I might even go so far as to say 'knowing' this. When an interval of months pass and the mind is still dominated by the yearning for that single person...yes. Which of course, is in no way a positive frame of mind; it may be the most dangerous that there is. Having experienced unrequited 'affections' - I could never now call those predecessors 'loves' before, I can also say that requited (or ostensibly requited), yet unfulfilled love is infinitely worse.

And, like you, I find myself utterly disinterested in ever dating or trying to date again, especially aware as I am of possessing a natural unattractiveness.
You said that the person OP likes doesn't like them. You can like someone and not be in a relationship and the person you like doesn't know about it. Obviously they're not going to be in a relationship if they haven't talked about their feelings for each other. I think you have misread either me, the OP or both?!? If I have been giving suggestions of how they can meet up then surely I know that they are not in a relationship already and you've missed my point?

I can explain or try to clarify my point further but I doubt you care and its not really important either :-)

What the hell are you on about?

So you know, it wasn't me who negged you in either of the negs and you can only neg a poster once anyway.
Reply 36
Yes, I can attest to feeling this. I might even go so far as to say 'knowing' this. When an interval of months pass and the mind is still dominated by the yearning for that single person...yes. Which of course, is in no way a positive frame of mind; it may be the most dangerous that there is. Having experienced unrequited 'affections' - I could never now call those predecessors 'loves' before, I can also say that requited (or ostensibly requited), yet unfulfilled love is infinitely worse.

And, like you, I find myself utterly disinterested in ever dating or trying to date again, especially aware as I am of possessing a natural unattractiveness.

I can block out yearning, just kepp my hopes low. But I know she's made me feel utterly different things to anyone, it's powerful. I've never had an unrequited thing really. I dunno about this but I know she'd come above other women, not sure whether sh'ed believe it but she would.
Reply 37
I'm getting fukced off with feeling to no avail, ffs we are both early theirites and women especially don;t have forever, how can they be so emotionally detached, don;t they want to feel anything, would having love or a child mean nothing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending