The Student Room Group

Is it possible to go to uni with a subsidary level 3?

Hi guys and girls,

I studied at college for the past 2 years in which i received a level 2 and a subsidiary level 3 BTEC qualification (Amongst all the functional skills, GCSE's and everything), for those of you that don't know; A subsidiary is when the full two year course is cut down to just one year, it's still a level 3 but technically half the qualification due to less units taken.

Now in my naivety this came around due to my rush to try full time employment, however, after testing the field I have decided I really do in fact want to go to university.

I spoke to my college where i studied about doing an access course which after a long conversation said I could do it but i have already studied and passed a level 3 with them therefore it wouldn't be of much use and I would have to pay the full course fee due to no available bursaries for me.

So in short, has anyone had a similar experience? Would there be any universities which would consider me? Or should I just try to gather the money and do an access course?

Thank you for reading

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending