The Student Room Group

Dropping part-time uni course - will this affect my offer?

I'm about to drop a part-time university language course which I did not mention on my UCAS application since I hadn't signed up for it at that time. I did however mention it briefly in my additional PS. Will me dropping this course affect my offer in any way? It is not part of my conditional offer.
If you are certain it isnt part of your offer, it wont matter if you drop it.
Reply 2
Original post by returnmigrant
If you are certain it isnt part of your offer, it wont matter if you drop it.

Good. It says that I only have to obtain an IELTS score of 7, other than that, nothing. So I guess dropping the course wouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for answering!:smile:
Reply 3
Contact the uni and tell them - as you mentioned it in your personal statement they may be expecting a result for it.
Reply 4
Original post by Juno
Contact the uni and tell them - as you mentioned it in your personal statement they may be expecting a result for it.

Even though it's not mentioned in my offer? I have contacted them today. Thank you for answering.:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Flax
Even though it's not mentioned in my offer? I have contacted them today. Thank you for answering.:smile:

The offer is made on the understanding that everything in your UCAS form is correct.
Reply 6
Original post by Juno
The offer is made on the understanding that everything in your UCAS form is correct.

Oh, I see. It wasn't mentioned on my UCAS though.
Reply 7
Original post by Flax
Oh, I see. It wasn't mentioned on my UCAS though.

Original post by Flax
I did however mention it briefly in my additional PS.

:dontknow:
Reply 8

Sorry if I was unclear, I mentioned it in a mail to the university, not in any formal papers.
I'm an Admissions Tutor.

If it isnt part of the Offer then it isnt a condition for you going to that University.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending