The Student Room Group

Is spending £2500 a year on holiday too much?

I am a single male, 25, years old, I earn a salary of £21000 a year, which when you take away tax is around £17000 a year. So is spending £2500 a year on holiday too much.
Depends where you are going. How long for. Whether its on your own etc. but holidays are ridiculously expensive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
It depends really. If you have no dependents or a mortgage then you obviously have a large disposable income. I'd say £2500 is a lot to spend on a holiday unless you are going to Las Vegas or something, you can definitely do it for cheaper.
Reply 3
Well you have to decide, by budgeting where your money is going and seeing what's leftover. However £2,500 on a holiday is pretty ridiculous (more than 10% of your gross income) and suggests you're not saving up much money or bothering to look to find a reasonable holiday deal.
Reply 4
Is it a holiday or a few times a year?
Reply 5
Original post by windo
I am a single male, 25, years old, I earn a salary of £21000 a year, which when you take away tax is around £17000 a year. So is spending £2500 a year on holiday too much.

It depends on where you're going, where you'll be staying and what will be included in your holiday expenditures and how long you're going for.
Reply 6
Original post by windo

Work hard, play hard. If you want to spend that much on a holiday then go for it... Granted your bills/rent/etc is sorted then why not? :smile:

I spent the same on a holiday to Florida, I saved and sacrificed my luxuries but it was well worth it!
Reply 7
I earn a bit less than you and reckon I'll be spending around £3000 on holidays this year. It's not too much if it's a one off but I wouldn't do this every year. For me I'm having two holidays but most of the cost is going towards a 3 week trip to Australia over Christmas, which is the most expensive time to go. Next year my holiday spend will be half that or less.
Reply 8
Original post by windo

Uhm.. It's too much unless your going with meh!!! Haha jk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by windo

What does it matter? if you can afford it and will have fun then do it.
I spent 6k in total last year. Probably more. And I don't have a job
I actually fooled myself into thinking the world would end in December 2012 so I splashed all out everywhere and lived the yolo lifestyle.

Posted from TSR iPad
It is quite expensive, but it depends where you're going.
Holidays are expensive but are often great experiences that can be well worth the price.
Reply 12
well its your money and your holiday thats up to you to decide.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending