The Student Room Group

BTEC Travel and Tourism? What's it like?

I'm just wondering. At the moment, I'm currently doing a Level 3 BTEC course in IT, but I don't know if it's for me. I've been going through mental health problems too (which I'm now receiving help for), and I don't feel I've fully put 100% into the course because of this. I'm in my first year, and I'm rushing to get as much work done as I can. I also don't know if the course is for me. It's an okay course, but I don't know whether it suits me or not.

After achieving an overall merit grade in the Level 2 ICT course (in order to gain entry to Level 3), I was considering choosing Travel and Tourism (as it interests me), but since I have social anxiety disorder, I was worried about oral work. Is there a lot of oral work involved? Is it a good course, and is it easy, hard, both? etc. Also, can you get into University (especially in another country, such as England, as I live in Northern Ireland) with this course? What exactly do you do in the course itself?

With my current course, I'm trying to get as much work done as I can, and try and pass the first year at least, and get as many passes, merits, and distinctions as possible. I'm quite worried, though. Incase it matters, I'm currently 18 years of age (I turn 19 in August). Thanks for reading.
Reply 1
Contact me at any time. I have just got a Distinction in BTEC Level 3 Travel & Tourism. I can also all of your questions.
Hey I just finished the btec level 3 in it with triple distinction and now I'm at university. If you are looking to continue on in the course I could give you a hand. I know how much pressure you can be put under with the course. Also just remember that the btec in it can get you into most courses, my girlfriend done a btec in drama and is now studing travel and tourism management in coleraine campus. So just keep your options open and there are always people there to help you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending