The Student Room Group

ucas reference

I am 30 been a stay at home mum for 9 years, and have decided to do a midwifery degree, so looked into access but college is full, then I came across health professions foundation year contacted admissions and luckly there are spaces but was advised to do application asap. ..
Filling out form then came across reference section, I didn't think.it would apply for this course as its similar to access and getting you back on the education wagon.
But I have nobody to to reference for me my college tutor has left and my teacher from school have left! I have not helped in.my children's local school or done anything.g for my local community, so who else can I ask? Is it more character reference rather then academic? Considering I am potential mature student. I am very confused.
Reply 1
I was in a very similar situation to you (mature student with no way of getting an academic reference). I contacted the unis I was applying to and asked if I could submit my UCAS application without a reference. So far, I've had 2 unconditional offers and been called for interview by 2 unis based purely on my GCSEs/A levels gained over 20 years ago and my personal statement! Contact the admissions department for the course you want to do and ask them if it's ok to apply without a reference.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Thank you so much I will do that and hope maybe they will do the same :-) I cannot think of anything else apart from wait another year.
It it wasent fir your reply I wouldn't of thought of contacting admissions.
Can I ask what it was you were applying
for?
Reply 3
Original post by flower:-)
Thank you so much I will do that and hope maybe they will do the same :-) I cannot think of anything else apart from wait another year.
It it wasent fir your reply I wouldn't of thought of contacting admissions.
Can I ask what it was you were applying
for?

Glad I could help! There's a box on the UCAS form you can tick if you've been told by admissions that you don't need to submit an academic reference.

I've applied to do BEng in Civil Engineering with a foundation year.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending