The Student Room Group

Finance

Well ill start off by saying if i didn't need to, i wouldn't take it out.

I currently have a very old car, and things are starting to go wrong - terrible squeek and a smell of burning. I drive a long way to work, and i'm driving to france soon. Started a new job 3 weeks ago and earning 1250 a month after tax and that is before my bonus, and i live with parents so no expenses in that area.

So i have been looking at cars around 4k with finance. I can afford around 500-700 deposit + part ex value of my car. So ill probably have a deposit of 1000. Been looking at cars around 3-4k over 2 years.

What companies are the best? I work for Evans Halshaw head office so been looking at their finance, but its not as good as independant companies - but obviously i have the security of i work there.

Can anyone recommend any companies that are good for low interest car finance?

Are Hitachi any good?
Reply 1
How about a loan from the bank?
Reply 2
Bank loans are cheaper than getting finance from the dealership itself, you could also consider new lending options such as a company called "Zopa" (google it), though you need to have a decent credit rating to use them.
Original post by History123
Well ill start off by saying if i didn't need to, i wouldn't take it out.

I currently have a very old car, and things are starting to go wrong - terrible squeek and a smell of burning. I drive a long way to work, and i'm driving to france soon. Started a new job 3 weeks ago and earning 1250 a month after tax and that is before my bonus, and i live with parents so no expenses in that area.

So i have been looking at cars around 4k with finance. I can afford around 500-700 deposit + part ex value of my car. So ill probably have a deposit of 1000. Been looking at cars around 3-4k over 2 years.

What companies are the best? I work for Evans Halshaw head office so been looking at their finance, but its not as good as independant companies - but obviously i have the security of i work there.

Can anyone recommend any companies that are good for low interest car finance?

Are Hitachi any good?

You could get a car on 0% finance. Dealers sometimes offer this.
You would probably be limited to a brand new car, and certain models etc, but it you arent to fussy, then you will be fine. You wont have to pay any interest, and as you would have a brand new car, you would be able to keep it longer.
Original post by Emma:-)
You could get a car on 0% finance. Dealers sometimes offer this.
You would probably be limited to a brand new car, and certain models etc, but it you arent to fussy, then you will be fine. You wont have to pay any interest, and as you would have a brand new car, you would be able to keep it longer.

He would also be spending tenfold.
Reply 5
Anyone know what employment criteria is for places like Zopa?
I earn 18-22k but only been there a month.
Reply 6
That might be a bit short for them, try emailing them or something and see if they can advise?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending