The Student Room Group

English requirements (International student)

As requested, I created a new thread. I'd like to ask if any of you had a situation when you added TOEFL/IELTS/other English test score after you got an offer from university? I wonder would it affect my chances if I didn't add it before sending my application. Or maybe you know how universities normally act?
If you already have an offer, everything should be fine. They can't withdraw their offer unless you have been dishonest on your application form. Have you sent the test results to the university yet?
Original post by Prested
As requested, I created a new thread. I'd like to ask if any of you had a situation when you added TOEFL/IELTS/other English test score after you got an offer from university? I wonder would it affect my chances if I didn't add it before sending my application. Or maybe you know how universities normally act?
I already have the results of the English Language requirements before applying, where should I put them? Or should they just be mentioned in the reference?
Reply 3
Original post by rain on dry ground
If you already have an offer, everything should be fine. They can't withdraw their offer unless you have been dishonest on your application form. Have you sent the test results to the university yet?

I am applying next year, so I'm asking just in case. :smile:

I already have the results of the English Language requirements before applying, where should I put them? Or should they just be mentioned in the reference?

You can ask UCAS on facebook, but there is an appropriate place in qualifications on your UCAS account. You should choose a place where it's been taken (as a school you attended and tick as 'part-time') and then add qualifications - you should find the right test there.
Original post by Prested
I am applying next year, so I'm asking just in case. :smile:

You can ask UCAS on facebook, but there is an appropriate place in qualifications on your UCAS account. You should choose a place where it's been taken (as a school you attended and tick as 'part-time') and then add qualifications - you should find the right test there.

thank you :smile: hope it works!
Reply 5
Original post by Prested

I did the TOEFL IBT, and sent proof of it, told me my scores have not arrived, but I will send them once I do... (It all got sent now)
Reply 6
Original post by makeitorbreakit
thank you :smile: hope it works!

One thing to note - important!
You should look at personal details on UCAS website and find 'reference numbers' section. If you've taken IELTS or TOEFL, you should write yours in this section so that universities can verify them.

Thanks Brgb, I guess I'll do the same if I have to. :smile:
Original post by Prested
One thing to note - important!
You should look at personal details on UCAS website and find 'reference numbers' section. If you've taken IELTS or TOEFL, you should write yours in this section so that universities can verify them.

Thanks Brgb, I guess I'll do the same if I have to. :smile:

I actually took Cambridge ESOL exams, is it done the same way?
Reply 8
Hmm, I'm not sure :wink:
You might want to ask UCAS - the fastest would be to simply find their fanpage on facebook. You would get your answer on Monday or today, they answer really quickly and you would have no doubt about it. :smile:
You will probably have to send the scores directly to universities, but that would be essential when you had already been given an offer. :wink:
Reply 9
Original post by Prested
Hmm, I'm not sure :wink:
You might want to ask UCAS - the fastest would be to simply find their fanpage on facebook. You would get your answer on Monday or today, they answer really quickly and you would have no doubt about it. :smile:
You will probably have to send the scores directly to universities, but that would be essential when you had already been given an offer. :wink:

Glad It helped. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending