The Student Room Group

female body shape, what do you hate about yours

i really hate the shape of my body, im not overweight but not really that slim, im 5'7 and 9.7 stone. i could do to lose a few pounds but im not sure this would even give me body confidence, the problem is my shape. i have big shoulders and small boobs which can look very masculine in tshirts, wide hips, a round belly, and my legs are quite short. if i lost weight id still have this horrible shape. i wanted to rant and know if others felt the same.
i look at other people and always think their shape is better even if there abit fat.
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I dont like mine either, im overweight atm but trying to work on it, my weight has went up and down for a long time. My hips are too big and my legs are too short! No point moaning about it though, cant really change that.

Im sure you look fine
I don't really have much problem with mine. Obviously if a magic fairy came and blessed me with bigger boobs or a flatter stomach overnight I'd be grateful but I don't agonise over it. I spent years feeling disgusting for being underweight, I am finally happy with my size now and make the most of it by eating well and exercising.

OP : body confidence comes from within. Think of how amazing your body is and focus on its good points instead of the bad!
Reply 3
You're probably being a bit hard on yourself though but I think we all do that. I rather dislike my stomach (surprise surprise), I feel it makes me look out of proportion. I've got wide-ish shoulders and small boobs too! I'm trying to lose a bit of weight before uni.
I always think if you can't change something, you should learn to accept it, e.g your shape, and just dress it the best way you can :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
The only thing i hate about myself is the shape of my face, something i can't change. I have such a round face.
Original post by raf123321
i really hate the shape of my body, im not overweight but not really that slim, im 5'7 and 9.7 stone. i could do to lose a few pounds but im not sure this would even give me body confidence, the problem is my shape. i have big shoulders, small boobs, wide hips, a round belly, and my legs are quite short. if i lost weight id still have this horrible shape. i wanted to rant and know if others felt the same.
i look at other people and always think their shape is better even if there abit fat.

Hello Raf,

I'm not fond of having to watch my diet and work out, but I have to do so. I have no choice in order to keep my figure how I want it.

My husband has caught me before crying because I've gotten jealous of ladies who seem to not have to work so hard to have a slim figure. He gave me great advice: to not compare myself with others.

So, I try not to compare myself to other ladies but rather to keep my eyes on my own goals.

Blessings.
I hate that I have no boobs and massive thighs. I'm not overweight but I feel it sometimes
Reply 7
I really used to hate that I had no boobs, but I've got used to that fact.
Why do you ladies think these body features which are small or differently shaped mean you should hate them. Most men don't only want big boobs etc when they see a lady, be proud of who you are and let people love you for the person and not the body you are :smile:
Reply 9
This could be a long thread.
Waist is too thick, boobs too big. Just too much fat in general. I want a more defined look.

Currently working my butt off to achieve that.
Im the opposite - wish my boobs were a bit smaller.
I really like my body. I think that to make it perfect I'd just need to either lose a few kg or keep the kg but lose fat and gain muscle. I don't have that much fat to lose though, so it'd not something that I actually hate about my body, just something that I'd improve.
Why not make a thread about what you like about your body instead? Self depreciation isn't good :no:
Reply 14
So far they all sound like trivial insecurities that most guys wouldn't notice, never mind be critical about.

I think women should stop being critical of one another, it would solve a lot of problems :wink:
Reply 15
Original post by meenu89
I really used to hate that I had no boobs, but I've got used to that fact.

Surgery???
i really hate the shape of my body, im not overweight but not really that slim, im 5'7 and 9.7 stone. i could do to lose a few pounds but im not sure this would even give me body confidence, the problem is my shape. i have big shoulders, small boobs, wide hips, a round belly, and my legs are quite short. if i lost weight id still have this horrible shape. i wanted to rant and know if others felt the same.

You sound kind of like Lena Dunham's body shape (don't know if you watch Girls but give it a go, its a nice display of body confidence). Your body sounds like a Greek painting of a beautiful woman, try to love it.
I wish I had bigger boobs, but the only things I really hate about my body are my face and hair...
i really hate the shape of my body, im not overweight but not really that slim, im 5'7 and 9.7 stone. i could do to lose a few pounds but im not sure this would even give me body confidence, the problem is my shape. i have big shoulders and small boobs which can look very masculine in tshirts, wide hips, a round belly, and my legs are quite short. if i lost weight id still have this horrible shape. i wanted to rant and know if others felt the same.

You literally just described me (almost) to the T! From the height to the weight to the body shape :tongue:
I feel masculine too, it's an icky feeling :/
I hate my hips the most though, they are just disgusting
Reply 19
Original post by yaboy
Surgery???

No thanks, I'm sure I'll survive without it.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending