The Student Room Group

Do NOT do this on results day

Scroll to see replies

asdasdasd
(edited 5 years ago)
Not sure about anyone else but by the time I opened my results I already knew I'd been accepted to my first choice by checking my ucas page in the morning. Surely people would do that first if they were gonna be on TV?!
This is why I opened my results by myself. Certainly not near any cameras! Yikes!
Original post by niceguy95
I thought the girl next to the blonde was the mum :laugh: Damm.......

did you just copy the top comment on a youtube clip to get rep on TSR?
Last year when I got mine, I checked online before I went to school so I could stroll in all confident. I don't know why people don't just check UCAS before opening the results, makes it all so much easier.
I opened my results and I was so confused that I had to ask for help finding my actual grades amongst all the modules :colondollar: - so I can empathise with her!
Original post by deathhead
Last year when I got mine, I checked online before I went to school so I could stroll in all confident. I don't know why people don't just check UCAS before opening the results, makes it all so much easier.

..because UCAS is normally on fire for the first 24 hours after posting the results :p:
Reply 27
Original post by Architecture-er
I opened my results and I was so confused that I had to ask for help finding my actual grades amongst all the modules :colondollar: - so I can empathise with her!

This.

I think a module should be taught in how to decipher the results letters!
Reply 28
Oh my goodness that is just awful, poor girl! I'm gonna check mine like a thousand times now before I tell anyone my grades haha
Reply 29
Aw I feel so bad for her

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Aww, I feel so bad for her. But she should have read them right, haha. But I wouldn't have said anything, haha, just kept it till the camera was turned off.
Also, I definitely would have checked on UCAS to see if I'd got in first. Otherwise it'd be so embarrassing finding out you failed on camera.

And LOL at the top comment: "Well she could still get into Hallam..."
Lol cant believe she got a b in english and she cant read her results properly loool
If I were the news reporter I'd be pretty worried if they started swearing like '**** yeah!!!' or 'ahhh for ****'s sake' xD
Original post by WeeGuy
it makes me cringe every time i see it.

who is crazy enough to open their results on TV,:banghead:

My college rang me last week and asked my if I would for local TV/radio. I declined immediately.
Reply 34
Original post by MyNameIsRay
My college rang me last week and asked my if I would for local TV/radio. I declined immediately.

haha well done. :top:
Reply 35
i dont get why the media do this every year.
Original post by ColossalKrish
http://youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwrel&v=6ZwTyT8dM2E

This is worse go to 1:00 and watch from there imagine retaking or getting the same grades as your as level if you retook them. I would not honestly not know what to do if I wasted a year of my life and failed that badly; now I'm getting scared

This was me in January. Re sat two exams and got exactly the same grades I got last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nerd2
Lol if I ever went on camera opening my results, I don't care if I got 3 Us, I'm still telling the camera I got 3 As.

This. :lol:
You'd think the college might have organised it so they could check first...(the college that is)
Reply 39
Original post by Nerd2
Lol if I ever went on camera opening my results, I don't care if I got 3 Us, I'm still telling the camera I got 3 As.

Me tooooooo.... For someone who got two A's and a B she's quite silly!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending