The Student Room Group

Clearing choice

If I choose a clearing choice at one university which has given me a verbal offer, can I then cancel this clearing choice after visiting on a campus tour and deciding that it is not for me? One of the universities I've spoken to has given me a deadline for tomorrow morning, whilst the other has said that I can wait until Monday before choosing them as my clearing choice.
Reply 1
Original post by WelshDragon23
If I choose a clearing choice at one university which has given me a verbal offer, can I then cancel this clearing choice after visiting on a campus tour and deciding that it is not for me? One of the universities I've spoken to has given me a deadline for tomorrow morning, whilst the other has said that I can wait until Monday before choosing them as my clearing choice.

If it's a verbal offer you don't have to accept it.

However once your Clearing choice has been accepted on Track it's official. Once you've accepted an offer through Clearing, you're not really meant to change your mind and apply for another course. That being said, people have persuaded their Clearing choice to release them so that they can add another Clearing choice on Track.
(edited 10 years ago)

Yes. You're not tied to any uni until you enter it on Track and they confirm it. Even if you get this far, you can still ask the uni to release you back into Clearing again.
Original post by Zottula
x

Thank you very much for this advice Zottula. Can I PM you with your opinion on which one I should go for please? :smile:
Reply 4
Thank you very much for this advice Zottula. Can I PM you with your opinion on which one I should go for please? :smile:

It's better if you post in the thread so that we can all advise you :smile:.
As people have said already, you can reject the offer unless you've accepted them on UCAS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending