The Student Room Group

HELP- Should i resit a few Gcse's in Yr12?

Sadly i only got an A* in two subjects ( Chemistry and geography)
A's in Eng lit, maths, physics and biology
B's in art and eng lang,
and a C in French.
( also got 3 distinctions on an Ict course which i think is half a gcse each?)
''UCL = Minimum requirements are a B in English and Maths, and a modern foreign language for 2012 entry'' so firstly, is my C in french good enough for that requirement?.

Secondly, I'm really hoping to get amazing chem bio and physics and maths a levels including 90+ or even 95%+ on atleast 2 of the 4 AS levels. however, i fear the lack of a* might pull me down, should i retake my Mathss gcse, Bio GCSE and Physics GCSE, in my AS year considering that i was only one two or three marks away from getting an a* in those subjects? ( or would it be alittle too much or not required at all?)
Im thinking of going towards dentistry or medicine in the future.
Reply 1
Trust me don't I did that and I'm regretting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Well if the maths gcse resit is available for me to do in November I guess it wouldn't hurt anything... Anyone else have an opinion? (Sorry if this is in the wrong section, can a mod of some kind move it if it is the case).
Reply 3
Focus on acing your AS levels not resitting GCSEs.
Reply 4
Why not try ace both? come on people give some reasoning or something? D:
Reply 5
If you need a higher grade in French, resit that. But the others you already have the grades for and it's totally not worth resitting those.

Focus on your AS levels. I'm pretty sure they would rather have someone with your GCSE grades and top AS grades than someone who was worried about GCSE's, retook them aside AS and compromised their AS grades because of it.

Seriously no one cares for GCSE's bar English and maths pretty much and most unis don't alway have a higher requirement than C in English and maths GCSE.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You meet all of UCL's grade requirements, so there is absolutely no need to resit

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending