The Student Room Group

UCL, KCL or LSE?

I've applied for Cambridge, Nottingham, Leeds and Newcastle but I really can't decide whether to go with UCL, KCL or LSE. I want to study law but I have no idea which is best. Accomodation for the first year is very important, but other than that I'm just looking for the best university. I'm hoping to get into Cambridge though so it's an insurance option. Opinions? :smile:
UCL may arguably be the best uni in England for law so I would say there. But always apply for where you like best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
LSE

UCL

KCL

That's the order of "prestige". For law, LSE and UCL are very good, but judging by where else you've applied, LSE might be worth the risk (it is super-competitive so can be used as a second choice)
Original post by SamiiRimmer
I've applied for Cambridge, Nottingham, Leeds and Newcastle but I really can't decide whether to go with UCL, KCL or LSE. I want to study law but I have no idea which is best. Accomodation for the first year is very important, but other than that I'm just looking for the best university. I'm hoping to get into Cambridge though so it's an insurance option. Opinions? :smile:

UCL and LSE are a tough call.
Not KCL for law though, its more renowned for its medicine.
Reply 4
Original post by SamiiRimmer

Well UCL and LSE are just as hard to get into as Cambridge. I known & seen people on here who've got into Cambridge and been rejected by UCL and LSE. You need to consider things beyond the reputation to find out which is best.

As far as accomodation goes UCL don't guarentee it for insurance students & have lots of twin rooms. KCL don't guarentee accomodation to those whose parental home is within the M25. Don't know about LSE.
Reply 5

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending