The Student Room Group

still no money 7 days after registering with uni

hello i have still not had my money come through. i have accessed my student finance account and it says i should of received payment on 23/09 for loan and maintenance. It is saying no more info needed. I have confirmed this with them too. I have been in touch with uni who say everything okay their end it is up to student finance. I have my student card I have registered electronically too. help. i have two children and a husband who are reliant on me. i have a job also of 22.5 hours a week and previously was working full time.
Hi Lisa,

Can you check the View Payments screen of your online account to let me know what you're current payment status is please?

Many thanks,
Mark-Lee
Reply 2
mark it says that youneed no more evidence and my first payments are down as 23/09/13. uni says they do not need anything extra from me as I am registered with them.
Reply 3
okay seriously losing the will now. on thursday i contacted sfe who said my uni, coventry hadnt told them i had started. coventry said i was registered. on friday after emailing my tutor who emailed finance at coventry i was told i was not coming up on sfe's list of people. i was promised that this would be done manually and my sfe account would be updated over the weekend. i checked weekend nothing. i have checked today and it still says progressing. i contacted sfe again who said on saturday i had a change of circumstance registered by coventry. this apparentally is incorrect and they should inform sfe of my registration. i have emailed someone called matt from coventry and asked if he can sort this out for me. then it gets better sfe tell me that my NI number has not been sent off for verification to hmrc and even if coventry register me correctly i still will not get my maintenance loan until verification has been done. sfe have had my NI details now for 3 months, why after many phonecalls has this only just come to light? i am seriously considering finishing my course. i have children and a husband who is unable to find work in the present climate, not for want of trying. and why why does my sfe account say that they do not need any more information. your opinion/help in this matter would be greatly appreciated mark. yours in exasperation lisa
Hi there,

It is normal process for national insurance numbers to be sent for validation in your first year. This will only be sent once the declaration is received.

Is it only Maintenance loan that you are applying for or have you applied for grants ?

Thanks
Reply 5
i have also applied for grants. it has come to light today that the problem was the OU who i was previously studying with have also registered me. however this was not showing on my account. coventry contacted sfe today and this has come to light. however i have had to phone, at my expense again, and verify this with them. i have now been told it will take a further 2 weeks for me to get my money and I am still not confident that I will get my money in this timeframe without another thousand calls to sfe which i hasten to add has cost me £80+ so far in telephone calls. not good enough sfe.
Hi again,

It is appreciated that you are frustrated with the processing of your application, however, if the Open University have registered you as a student when you are not studying with them, then this is an error on their part.

Student Finance England can only process information that is provided either by yourself or your university. If issues have been caused due to Coventry university or The Open University, then you need to have them resolve these issues and inform us of the correct information.

Your payments will be paid as soon as physically possible, the best way forward would be to seek further assistance from your university until this has been done.

Thanks,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending