The Student Room Group

entering qualifications as a private candidate?

Hope someone can help as I'm stumped and the ucas phone number is extortionate..
currently filling in my application and I'm doing two GCSE's as a private candidate and self studying then doing the exam at a local school.
How do i enter these in the education part of the application?

Do i just put the school I'm doing the exam at as my centre? It then says how long i attended and how i studied there. but obviously i didnt, so what am i meant to put?
Reply 1
Yup, put the centre in the education part. You studied part time for the month(s) of the exam(s) only.
Reply 2
Original post by Juno
Yup, put the centre in the education part. You studied part time for the month(s) of the exam(s) only.

Thanks for the reply :smile:
I've just tried to put in the school, then put June 2014 for the start and finish date, as that is when my exams are booked, but it doesn't let me save this,
it says
'Warning: as you have entered a finish date which is in the future, these details must be for the school or college you are currently attending.'

Reply 3
Original post by nic*_*
Thanks for the reply :smile:
I've just tried to put in the school, then put June 2014 for the start and finish date, as that is when my exams are booked, but it doesn't let me save this,
it says
'Warning: as you have entered a finish date which is in the future, these details must be for the school or college you are currently attending.'

Hi! I'm currently facing the same problem. What did you do for it?
Original post by Byun.B
Hi! I'm currently facing the same problem. What did you do for it?

It's a warning. As long as you are taking those exams at that exam centre then it's fine.
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
It's a warning. As long as you are taking those exams at that exam centre then it's fine.

Ohh! Thanks~

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending