The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The gs500 is what talyas recently got, if thats any help, and my father had one for a while, he loved it for commuting.

Most motorbikes have a forum now, and you could hae a look on them for more info and bikes.

My dads currently got a Suzuki GSX600F, i think its a 2000 model and he got it 2 years ago for £1800, but it is very long bike when filtering.
Reply 2701
I like my GS but mine's a 2006 and the faired one which you couldn't pick up for £700. You could probably get the E (naked) a bit cheaper :smile:
Bathwiggle
The gs500 is what talyas recently got, if thats any help, and my father had one for a while, he loved it for commuting.

Most motorbikes have a forum now, and you could hae a look on them for more info and bikes.

My dads currently got a Suzuki GSX600F, i think its a 2000 model and he got it 2 years ago for £1800, but it is very long bike when filtering.

the gsx600f is just a bandit under the fairing, but its still costs too much for me, id love one though.
the gs500f is the same idea, fully fared, in gsxr stye faring, on a gs500. you can get a gs for around £700, and get an aftermarket full fareing kit for $500, imported from the us.
Reply 2703
Passed my mod 2 today:smile:

Been chugging around on a little cg so gonna get me something a bit bigger now!
Reply 2704
Dittoo
Passed my mod 2 today:smile:

Been chugging around on a little cg so gonna get me something a bit bigger now!

Ooh well done. Was it hard, or you got any tips? Mines on friday and im not overly worried, but slightly concerned that i'll make a daft mistake not concentrating. Riding by yourself - same as driving - you dont bother riding at test standard and im a bit worried i'll miss a lifesaver or something daft.
Hey y'all! Thought I'd stop by... I'm in America. I've got a little slightly-rusting-warm-to-start Honda Rebel (250cc).

My dream bike would be a Brutale.. :drool:
I'm a bit on the short side, and it sounds like the Brutale was essentially made for someone of my stature.. and it's so damn sexy!
I like the brutale too, just can't convince anyone to buy me one... :frown:

But i'm winning on convincing them to get me a daytona.
Bike went in for a service today. Everything was tightened and it sounds like a bloody scrambler now :mad2:

I hope it wears down otherwise I'm taking it back to be redone
I've never had my bike change sounds after a service, ok other than backto healthy from not quite right, ooo thats a good point i need money to collect the sv, but im used to them moving the clutch, brake levers and generally adjusting it for someone with big hands, so i cant ride it.

If you can nip by tomorrow and just tell them it doesnt sound right, can they tell you what they have done to change the sound?
Well the person who did it isn't happy with it either. They said to take it back if it hasn't settle in a week or so. It was adjucted to the manufactuer's recommendations, but they will do it to theirs if its not quite right. It goes ok, just a little less smoothly and a lot more noisily
Reply 2710
What have they tightened? Surely a service is just oils, filters and chain?
I have a Sukida Bike. They need to tighten the tap-ons in the engine every so often apparently. They are the only service centre that don't rip you off in my town and who have dealt with japanese bikes before, so I can only take their word for it really
Reply 2712
PASSED!

Woo.

Then spent 3 hours get wet cold and fed up. It was fun upto a point but im glad the thing is back in the garage now. Scared me when laying down the power on very wet roads. Let my gear dry out for tomorrows fun.
Cj-Tj
PASSED!

Woo.

Then spent 3 hours get wet cold and fed up. It was fun upto a point but im glad the thing is back in the garage now. Scared me when laying down the power on very wet roads. Let my gear dry out for tomorrows fun.

wooooo! well done!

go get yourself a big bike now...
Reply 2714
Boristhethird
wooooo! well done!

got to get yourself a big bike now...

Ive got a 600 Fazer which is what ive been playing on all afternoon. :yes:

Cj-Tj
Ive got a 600 Fazer which is what ive been playing on all afternoon. :yes:

someones well prepared!
Cj-Tj
PASSED!

Woo.

Well done, enjoy your fazer :biggrin:

I got soaked today, but the bandit got me from colchester to billericay, and now tucked up in the garage, and i get the SV back tomorrow :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: and Talya for the weekend.:p:
Reply 2717
Boristhethird
someones well prepared!

It was a 21st present from me to me. :rolleyes: :p: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 2718
Bathwiggle
Well done, enjoy your fazer :biggrin:

I got soaked today, but the bandit got me from colchester to billericay, and now tucked up in the garage, and i get the SV back tomorrow :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: and Talya for the weekend.:p:

I am awake!!! Aaaaargggghhh

Leaving now....
Cj-Tj
PASSED!

Woo.

Congrats!

Bike looks good too :wink:

I'll get there when I'm 21 :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending