The Student Room Group

Scared girlfriend is distancing herself

So my girlfriend and I have been going out for around 6 months now, lately I feel like she has been pretty distant, we don't live terribly near each other so I will only see her around once a week because of this we mostly text each other. Lately I feel that her texts have been pretty short and that she isn't trying to keep up conversations despite usually being pretty chatty and am getting confused.

I care about her a lot and would hate to lose her and have brought up the fact that she has been acting differently and making sure she is ok. When I see her in person all seems very well but I'm just scared that I am losing her.

Am I just being paranoid or is there anything I can do, I am so stuck and don't know what to do.
Talking to her in person about it all might be a good idea. Or simply ask if everything is OK as she seems distant or distracted. Take it slow and you might get an answer.
Reply 2
Very difficult to say. It could be that she has got into a routine and she doesn't feel the need to tell you all the small details or it could indeed be that she has moved on a little. What reasons does she give for being more distant?

Also, has anything in her life changed that might be keeping her busy? (uni, work etc)
Reply 3
Original post by Grim_Squeaker
Talking to her in person about it all might be a good idea. Or simply ask if everything is OK as she seems distant or distracted. Take it slow and you might get an answer.

Cheers, I've spoken to her a couple of times and asked if she was ok but she has seemed to get pretty defensive.

I'm pretty confused, I mean I don't text her all the time or anything because I like the idea of her having her own space and can't think if anything is bothering her, she was under a bit of stress last month but that's all over and I just don't understand how she is feeling.
Hmm, not sure what to suggest really. Though perhaps preparing for the worst might not be a bad idea. Or she might just be having personal issues etc and be taking some space.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Grim_Squeaker
Hmm, not sure what to suggest really. Though perhaps preparing for the worst might not be a bad idea. Or she might just be having personal issues etc and be taking some space.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah sadly that's what I'm doing, thanks for the help though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending