The Student Room Group

The Curse of Thrush - will it ever go away?

Firstly, I'm male. And I'm a virgin. So I was pretty dismayed when, a few months ago, I got thrush. At least, I think it was thrush. The doctor didn't seem too certain. It was more of a "Try canesten and see if it goes away". The canesten cleared it up, but only after maybe two weeks.

The symptoms:
I don't have some of the symptoms of male thrush, which is what confuses me. The only thing that I get is cracked foreskin that is white/flaking, but you can only see the cracks properly when it's erect, and the pain of it prevents masturbation etc (unless I use vaseline). Sorry for the detail but I don't know how important this stuff is :')

Anyway, so that's the only symptom: flaking, cracked, sore foreskin. Nothing under the foreskin, no more smegma than usual, nothing "smelly". That's pretty much it.

It came back about a week ago, and I looked online and realised that thrush can reoccur, which ****ing sucks. So I didn't know whether to go back to the doctor, to buy more over-the-counter canesten, or anti-fungal pills, or whether to try the "yoghurt" solution. Well we had plain yoghurt in the house so I've been trying that... It hasn't gone away. In fact, it's got a little bit worse over the past week.

what do you recommend? Does it even sound like thrush?
Reply 1
Back to the doctor.

Quick Reply

Latest