The Student Room Group

Ex dumps me and blocks me on messenger, then unblocks me at midnight of Christmas...

then blocks me again when i don't message her?

What could possibly be the reasoning for this. Basically long story short me and my
girlfriend are 20 and had been together for a year. She dumped me on average once a week for the past two months only to apologise and tell me she loves me later. This last time she told me if i don't earn more than her by the time it's time to get married she will dump me and never marry me. I thought this was shallow, and when she wanted to cuddle up to me as normal after she said that i wasn't in the mood i just didn't feel like it. She then flew into a rage and dumped me, she had dumped me so many times i just agreed this time and she left.

She blocked and deleted me on facebook, took a picture of us together down, she then blocked me on whatsapp messenger and blocked my number but i'm not 100% sure if my calls are blocked because i haven't called. It's been nearly 2 weeks since she blocked me and we have had no contact. On whatsapp messenger i knew i was blocked as i could no longer see when she was last online.

As it was Christmas eve i was just on whatsapp and i noticed i had been unblocked and could see her last online status. I noticed this at around 2 hours before midnight. I kept checking and could still see it up until midnight. I was thinking to myself why would she just randomly unblock me because she hadn't before because i have been checking just out of curiosity. She came online a couple minutes after midnight and then blocked me again. I don't know if she unblocked me because she expected a merry Christmas message from me at midnight? I usually do send her happy birthday etc at the midnight of her birthday when we were together of course. When i saw she had unblocked me i thought maybe she would send me a merry Christmas message but around 5 minutes after midnight i noticed i was blocked again.

Why would she do this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Seems to me that she has some sort of psychotic disorder; should probably get her checked up on.
Reply 2
She's bipolar. I've been across a very similar case pretty recently (except the guy was a psycho). Forget her, move on. She's not worthy of you.
She sounds bat**** crazy dude.

Seriously though, is there any way to have a reasonable discussion with her? I think you should talk it out, and if it means permanent breakup then so be it.
Reply 4
Original post by DirtyHarry01
She sounds bat**** crazy dude.

Seriously though, is there any way to have a reasonable discussion with her? I think you should talk it out, and if it means permanent breakup then so be it.

Haha i think it already is a permanent break up, in this moment there isn't a chance that i'm getting back with her. I don't even want her back, most of the time ive felt sad about the breakup is because i was just curious about how she's feeling and whether she's feeling how i feel. But i've never had romantic i want her back kind of feelings i'm done with that lol for good.

It's proper weird though isn't it, i'm still blocked today aswell. Like i always say merry christmas/happy bday etc to everyone at midnight as soon as it strikers 12. So she probably thought i would send her one lol i had no intentions to at all. When i noticed i was unblocked i was thinking she was going to send me one and how i'd just ignore it to avoid drama and talking to her again.
Reply 5
Original post by bluemax
She's bipolar. I've been across a very similar case pretty recently (except the guy was a psycho). Forget her, move on. She's not worthy of you.

So many people have said she's bi polar, it is actually unreal. Why do you think this btw? I even thought she was bi polar because she has extreme emotions and reactions to things but then i thought isn't bi polar unprovoked mood swings. Like being angry for no reason at all just randomly because with her, she gets extremely angry/sad/upset over little things but there is always a cause. Like for instance when i was late for a meeting with her priest over us becoming celibate she dumped me over that and got extremely uspet as apparently me being 45 minutes late mean't it didn't mean enough to me. I was completely wrong to be late but it was an honest mistake and also how can it not mean enough to me when i have agreed to support her in celibacy and meet her priest when i'm not even Catholic? Do you think that reaction by her is bi polar?
Reply 6
Original post by muonz
Seems to me that she has some sort of psychotic disorder; should probably get her checked up on.

Hahaha for real are you being serious?
Reply 7
I've seen all the threads you've posted on this girl, please just move on for both your sakes, at least she's done one thing right by blocking you as you both need to cut all contact. You can't just be friends and if you try to be you'll obviously end up back together like you have every other time. She just sounds like either an idiot or mentally unstable like the other posters have pointed out. I dated a bipolar guy who did similar stuff.

Why would she expect a merry Christmas message from someone she's dumped repeatedly and since blocked, and I really hope you haven't considered contacting her.

Please don't try and sort things out or have a discussion with her, as she sounds kind of unreasonable and it won't lead anywhere productive.

I know you posted couple of days ago about wanting to see her and being upset etc - It's normal after a breakup to be kind of obsessive like this and missing someone, it happens to EVERYONE even when you've been in the ****tiest of relationships, with the ****test partners. You just have to wait for it to subside - it will. Then you'll see you're better off.
Reply 8
Original post by elixira
I've seen all the threads you've posted on this girl, please just move on for both your sakes, at least she's done one thing right by blocking you as you both need to cut all contact. You can't just be friends and if you try to be you'll obviously end up back together like you have every other time. She just sounds like either an idiot or mentally unstable like the other posters have pointed out. I dated a bipolar guy who did similar stuff.

Why would she expect a merry Christmas message from someone she's dumped repeatedly and since blocked, and I really hope you haven't considered contacting her.

Please don't try and sort things out or have a discussion with her, as she sounds kind of unreasonable and it won't lead anywhere productive.

I know you posted couple of days ago about wanting to see her and being upset etc - It's normal after a breakup to be kind of obsessive like this and missing someone, it happens to EVERYONE even when you've been in the ****tiest of relationships, with the ****test partners. You just have to wait for it to subside - it will. Then you'll see you're better off.

No idea why she would expect that, i had no intention at all of contacting her i was even planning to ignore a message from her if she sent me merry Christmas etc after unblocking me. I just can't deal with the drama man and that feeling has subsided man. No worries i felt like that for one night but i woke up feeling completely different because i realized that i don't even miss her it's just curiosity as in, is she feeling the hurt i'm feeling, does she care etc. In the mist of all those emotions i never once had romantic thoughts of us hugging and reconciling, i was watching a movie with a similar scene like that and i imagined us doing that briefly but it felt so foreign and unnatural to me. I don't think there is a chance of that happening.

Yeah besides us getting back together which i think there is no chance of that happening i don't even want to be friends with the person she has become anyway, i don't really see any positive qualities that i would be running back to. She did have many beautiful qualities but her bad ones massively tainted them so i'm completely on the path of looking to the future and moving on.

When you say you dated a bi polar guy who did similar things, what do you mean? What type of things did he do and was he fully diagnosed as bi polar? Also we go to the same Uni, we don't live in the same area/don't do the same course/have the same friends, so i'm pretty sure i won't run into her in passing anytime soon, but if i did see her perhaps in passing on the way to uni, how do you think i should handle that? Right now i would probably just walk past her as if she was a stranger because i just can't deal with the drama right now. But in a months time things may change i may have fully gotten over it so i dunno how i would react, we definitely won't become friends though as i don't think that is healthy at all.
Reply 9
Sounds like my ex. Get rid.
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
So many people have said she's bi polar, it is actually unreal. Why do you think this btw? I even thought she was bi polar because she has extreme emotions and reactions to things but then i thought isn't bi polar unprovoked mood swings. Like being angry for no reason at all just randomly because with her, she gets extremely angry/sad/upset over little things but there is always a cause. Like for instance when i was late for a meeting with her priest over us becoming celibate she dumped me over that and got extremely uspet as apparently me being 45 minutes late mean't it didn't mean enough to me. I was completely wrong to be late but it was an honest mistake and also how can it not mean enough to me when i have agreed to support her in celibacy and meet her priest when i'm not even Catholic? Do you think that reaction by her is bi polar?

I'm not sure, I'm a medical student but this is more of a job for a psychiatrist. The important thing for you is you need to let go of it and move on (easier said than done). Seriously, cut off contact with her and stop stalking (you won't always be able to help it). You'll find someone better :smile:
Just ignore her and don't worry about it. She's your ex, you shouldn't be looking or checking up on her, you need to let go and just not let her bother you. I broke up with mine a month ago and have not even looked at her profile or attempted to message her. Experience tells me that just moving on quickly is the best solution
Mate, she's not worth it. She's clearly a bit mental

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, if any reasonable discussion to resolve differences isnt possible then I would just cut all contact from her. She sounds too hot and cold.
Reply 14
No idea why she would expect that, i had no intention at all of contacting her i was even planning to ignore a message from her if she sent me merry Christmas etc after unblocking me. I just can't deal with the drama man and that feeling has subsided man. No worries i felt like that for one night but i woke up feeling completely different because i realized that i don't even miss her it's just curiosity as in, is she feeling the hurt i'm feeling, does she care etc. In the mist of all those emotions i never once had romantic thoughts of us hugging and reconciling, i was watching a movie with a similar scene like that and i imagined us doing that briefly but it felt so foreign and unnatural to me. I don't think there is a chance of that happening.

Yeah besides us getting back together which i think there is no chance of that happening i don't even want to be friends with the person she has become anyway, i don't really see any positive qualities that i would be running back to. She did have many beautiful qualities but her bad ones massively tainted them so i'm completely on the path of looking to the future and moving on.

When you say you dated a bi polar guy who did similar things, what do you mean? What type of things did he do and was he fully diagnosed as bi polar? Also we go to the same Uni, we don't live in the same area/don't do the same course/have the same friends, so i'm pretty sure i won't run into her in passing anytime soon, but if i did see her perhaps in passing on the way to uni, how do you think i should handle that? Right now i would probably just walk past her as if she was a stranger because i just can't deal with the drama right now. But in a months time things may change i may have fully gotten over it so i dunno how i would react, we definitely won't become friends though as i don't think that is healthy at all.

Yeah he was diagnosed etc, he was on benefits as he couldn't work due to it etc. Probably still is, don't speak anymore. He was just sometimes irrationally horrible to me, sometimes for literally no reason he'd just be completely cold and try and belittle me, sometimes it was almost like he'd have a go at me for being a happy person because he thought all happy people were too stupid to see the 'truth' about the world. I can just see the similarities with her when you say she would dump you if you weren't earning more than her when you married... that's such a cold, unloving thing to say.

I just always felt like I was treading on eggshells and had to indulge his depressive musings, if I ever rejected him in any way - like your ex flying off the handle when you wouldn't cuddle her after she said that awful thing.

He was a blocker/deleter as well. Then sometimes he was irrationally loving like he put me on a pedestal when he barely knew me.

Tbh we were friends for a while then dated for a couple of months but it was just awful so I left it. It was never a proper relationship. I felt guilty because it was like, just because he's mentally ill doesn't mean he doesn't deserve love... but it was better for both of us not to be together. I don't like suggesting she's bipolar as I'm not a doctor and I've never met her, it's just the similarities.

Re if you run into her, I'm the queen of completely blanking exes... I just panic. But to be honest it's probably the best idea as what good can really come out of chatting to them?
then blocks me again when i don't message her?

What could possibly be the reasoning for this. Basically long story short me and my
girlfriend are 20 and had been together for a year. She dumped me on average once a week for the past two months only to apologise and tell me she loves me later. This last time she told me if i don't earn more than her by the time it's time to get married she will dump me and never marry me. I thought this was shallow, and when she wanted to cuddle up to me as normal after she said that i wasn't in the mood i just didn't feel like it. She then flew into a rage and dumped me, she had dumped me so many times i just agreed this time and she left.

She blocked and deleted me on facebook, took a picture of us together down, she then blocked me on whatsapp messenger and blocked my number but i'm not 100% sure if my calls are blocked because i haven't called. It's been nearly 2 weeks since she blocked me and we have had no contact. On whatsapp messenger i knew i was blocked as i could no longer see when she was last online.

As it was Christmas eve i was just on whatsapp and i noticed i had been unblocked and could see her last online status. I noticed this at around 2 hours before midnight. I kept checking and could still see it up until midnight. I was thinking to myself why would she just randomly unblock me because she hadn't before because i have been checking just out of curiosity. She came online a couple minutes after midnight and then blocked me again. I don't know if she unblocked me because she expected a merry Christmas message from me at midnight? I usually do send her happy birthday etc at the midnight of her birthday when we were together of course. When i saw she had unblocked me i thought maybe she would send me a merry Christmas message but around 5 minutes after midnight i noticed i was blocked again.
Why would she do this?

Make her more agitated and then have her sectioned.
Maybe she didn't my what's app doesn't always tell me someone's last online status but then they're talking to me so I'm not blocked.
She sounds crazy though.
Reply 17
Original post by bluemax

How can you come to that conclusion just off what the OP has told us? :s-smilie:

In response to the OP; I'd cut my losses and run :') Definitely not worth your time or your effort...
Reply 18
I find it offensive to tell someone their partner isn't good enough for them on the basis they're probably 'mental', plenty of people are capable of being loving and dependable partners while dealing with mental health problems…having said that in this case it does sound like she's messed you around one too many times. I mean, she dumps you once a week? You both need to get a grip.

Christmas or not, probably best to leave her for good.
She sounds bat**** crazy

Latest

Trending

Trending