The Student Room Group

Ex wouldn't stop reaching out

Since the start of December, my ex has been consistently texting me short messages twice a week which I've been mostly ignoring, however he sent a Christmas and New Year's Day message which I replied to just to be polite.

He's brought up wanting to call and talk three times now which I haven't replied back to at all. He says during the three months we haven't talked, he's missed our conversations and just being very close to each other. The truth is that I've now gotten over him and I don't have any feelings for him anymore as in the first two months of the break-up, I've used my time to process things and spend the time doing things I like and spending time with family. I don't know what he's been doing in those three months we didn't talk but I am curious why all of a sudden he comes back saying he misses me and that he wants to talk so desperately.

Should I reply back and hear what he has to say in call? His personality is very narcissistic and he always makes it about himself and that he never done anything wrong so I am thinking if he does talk to me on the phone, he will try to make me forget about what he did and make it look like he never did anything wrong and for me to forgive him and accept him again.
You've answered your own question. You have moved on. He either hasn't, or is looking to try his luck to get back with you. Either way, it isn't anything that you want right now. You've identified yourself the risks in talking to him, so not only would I not do that, I'd go one step further and just block him. You don't owe him anything at all. Do what is right for you, which to me sounds like cutting contact with him completely.
Always trust your gut instinct and listen to what your common sense is telling you. :smile:

It sounds like you know that you have moved on and your narcissistic ex either wants to stop you from moving on or is trying to harass you.
Either way, it's probably time to cut all contact and mute or block him.
Good luck!
Either block him or tell him the frequent
messages are too much and have to stop. I’d block him.
You've obviously moved on but I feel like you're loving the attention. Because if you had genuinely moved on, you would just block him as you don't want any contact whatsoever.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending