The Student Room Group

Am I over-thinking this?

These are the orders of my choices for Psychology and responses in order of preference:

1.) Bath
2.) Royal Holloway (AAA)
3.) Exeter (AAB)
4.) UCL (Rejected)
5.) Lancaster (AAB)

My recent rejection has made me very sure that Bath will decline me too - as Bath has stricter entry reqs. I'm very worried. Am I over thinking this or is this justified?
Try not to stress over your UCAS application - now you've sent it off there's nothing you can do until all your responses are in. Bath does tend to give out offers to a large proportion of applicants (95% for my course when I applied last year) so you may still have a chance - however it depends on your predicted grades and personal statement/ reference etc.
Just concentrate on your current studies until they have replied. Only after you have received all your decisions do you really need to think about which to put as your firm/ insurance.
Reply 2
Original post by collegeryan
These are the orders of my choices for Psychology and responses in order of preference:

1.) Bath
2.) Royal Holloway (AAA)
3.) Exeter (AAB)
4.) UCL (Rejected)
5.) Lancaster (AAB)

My recent rejection has made me very sure that Bath will decline me too - as Bath has stricter entry reqs. I'm very worried. Am I over thinking this or is this justified?

You are over thinking this. Just because somewhere has stricter requirements doesn't necessarily mean they will reject you just because somewhere more lenient did. Universities will look at different things in your application. When I was applying to university I got rejected from somewhere asking for AAB, but received an offer from somewhere that was asking for A*AA-AAA.
Reply 3
Original post by Zottula
You are over thinking this. Just because somewhere has stricter requirements doesn't necessarily mean they will reject you just because somewhere more lenient did. Universities will look at different things in your application. When I was applying to university I got rejected from somewhere asking for AAB, but received an offer from somewhere that was asking for A*AA-AAA.

Thank you very much. That helped a lot ^__^
Reply 4
Original post by Zottula

But may I ask which Universities these were?
Reply 5
But may I ask which Universities these were?

I was rejected from Durham, but received an unconditional from Imperial College (I already had my A levels). This was for Geology/Earth Sciences, so a different subject to you but my point still stands.
Reply 6
Original post by Zottula
I was rejected from Durham, but received an unconditional from Imperial College (I already had my A levels). This was for Geology/Earth Sciences, so a different subject to you but my point still stands.

Both very respectable Universities then, thank you very much for your help!
Reply 7
Original post by dragonkeeper999
Try not to stress over your UCAS application - now you've sent it off there's nothing you can do until all your responses are in. Bath does tend to give out offers to a large proportion of applicants (95% for my course when I applied last year) so you may still have a chance - however it depends on your predicted grades and personal statement/ reference etc.
Just concentrate on your current studies until they have replied. Only after you have received all your decisions do you really need to think about which to put as your firm/ insurance.

What course was this?
What course was this?

Natural Sciences
Reply 9

1.) Bath
2.) Royal Holloway (AAA)
3.) Exeter (AAB)
4.) UCL (Rejected)
5.) Lancaster (AAB)

What were your AS grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any idea why UCL rejected you? (I applied for Psychology last year, Bath and UCL were my second and third choices, I put Bath as my insurance in the end as I decided I didn't want to go to London).
Reply 11
Original post by x__justmyluck
Any idea why UCL rejected you? (I applied for Psychology last year, Bath and UCL were my second and third choices, I put Bath as my insurance in the end as I decided I didn't want to go to London).

It says on the reason something about it being very competitive, although I feel this is generic and probably not directly related to me. :P

1.) Bath
2.) Royal Holloway (AAA)
3.) Exeter (AAB)
4.) UCL (Rejected)
5.) Lancaster (AAB)

May i ask what A level grades you are predicted, as i am waiting for a response from Bath to study psychology too and am very worried they will reject me, i thought if i see what other people are predicted it will help me understand how good a chance we all have? i'm predicted A*AA
Reply 13
Original post by katietroughton
May i ask what A level grades you are predicted, as i am waiting for a response from Bath to study psychology too and am very worried they will reject me, i thought if i see what other people are predicted it will help me understand how good a chance we all have? i'm predicted A*AA

I'm also predicted A*AA. They also look at your GCSE grades for English and Maths; anyone applying for Bath would have a minimum predicted grade of AAA, but probably higher.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending