The Student Room Group

ok freaking out... ordinary degree vs honours

hi guys,

so im stressing out a little.. i submitted an application to edinburgh for a masters program and put that I will be graduating with a "bachelors degree ordinary" .... I'm from canada and we do not have all the different honours etc that you do in the uk so I didn't know what to put. now I'm reading that there is a huge difference?! im graduating from a 4 year program with a ~3.3 GPA what would this be considered?! do you think they will let me change this error?! UGH.
I'm graduating in canada with a bachelors of science in biology and nutrition, applying to a masters in global health and public policy
sorry miss read the question
Reply 3
I'm pretty sure they will let you change it. Ring up and be polite, but confident.

Going from a extremely cold place to a cold and wet place :tongue:
what should i have put down though? would it be honours of some sort?
Reply 5
Original post by Dancingaround52
what should i have put down though? would it be honours of some sort?

Contact Edinburgh's international office:

http://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/international/contact-us/overview
Reply 6
At my Canadian university it's only an honors degree if you wrote a thesis. If you graduate with an honors from a Canadian University then I'm quite sure it would considered an honors in the UK but you can check with the school. I think whether it matters really depends on the program (it should say what you need to have in order to be eligible..)
Reply 7
In non-UK countries with a 4 year UG degree the final 3 years are generally equivalent to an Honors 3 year degree in the UK. Some countries call their 4th year a "Honors Year". So if you have done a 4 year UG degree I would have thought it be the same as a 3 year UG Honors degree in the UK.
thanks everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending