The Student Room Group

Scottish Baccalaureate, dropping out?

I applied to uni back in November, however I have decided to drop out of the baccalaureate I am studying as I am finding it difficult to manage around my advanced highers this year. It is therefore on my submitted UCAS form.

I have received a conditional offer from Glasgow uni, and it is not based on the baccalaureate, however I am really worried that the offer will now be removed because I'm not taking something I put on my UCAS. I have emailed the admissions team at Glasgow about it, but have not yet heard back. Is it likely they'll remove my offer?
Original post by zarab2110
I applied to uni back in November, however I have decided to drop out of the baccalaureate I am studying as I am finding it difficult to manage around my advanced highers this year. It is therefore on my submitted UCAS form.

I have received a conditional offer from Glasgow uni, and it is not based on the baccalaureate, however I am really worried that the offer will now be removed because I'm not taking something I put on my UCAS. I have emailed the admissions team at Glasgow about it, but have not yet heard back. Is it likely they'll remove my offer?

You'll have to update your UCAS by emailing [email protected]

Glasgow can choose to withdraw your offer, or they can choose not to (in practice, unis rarely do, but they can). If it's not already too late, you could just ask them what would happen if you did decide to drop it - then you can make a fully informed decision.
Reply 2
Received a reply from the a member of the Glasgow Uni undergraduate admissions team. Said that the baccalaureate is not required to meet the terms of my conditional! :biggrin: Very happy!
They have said that I should check with other unis, but have already done so (and they are unconditionals anyway so hopefully)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zarab2110
Received a reply from the a member of the Glasgow Uni undergraduate admissions team. Said that the baccalaureate is not required to meet the terms of my conditional! :biggrin: Very happy!
They have said that I should check with other unis, but have already done so (and they are unconditionals anyway so hopefully)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Excellent news! Well done :party:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending