The Student Room Group

Finding friends?! Whaaa...?

[Removed]
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
possibly find a society? but one that's maybe more social like a movie club, instead of say swimming where I guess it might be hard to get a conversation going. I was in a similar situation aswell and I was able to transfer to a different hall which was much more better, any halls staff you could ask about that?
Some form of society is definitely the right way to go here. Go along, smile, be easy going and you'll get chatting to people in no time. Part-time jobs also usually land you in a group of people to go out with, too. May I ask why 2/5 girls have fallen out with you ?
Original post by AvengedYoshi
I have not a clue what society's are. We have not been told about them? I've got 3 months left at this hall so i don't think their would be much point? :/ I appreciate everything you've said tho.

Are you enrolled at a university as well as a college?
Again i really do not know what society is :/ Is it part of the uni? and the falling out: One of the girls immediately clashed with me and some of the other girls, so she has joined the guy group. And the other girl told me tonight to 'do one' because i got upset when she would not come out (despite going on about it for weeks to me) because her cats were upset.

By society I mean some form of club or interest group that your student status at a particular institution allows you to attend. Get on the internet, google your institution and see what's available. It can be a big step, but I'm yet to meet anyone who regrets joining something.

If the other girl didn't fancy going out, getting upset isn't a great response, at least in front of her. Be upset by all means, but just leave her be.
Yes the Plymouth Uni.

Not sure why it posted as Anonymous:dry:

You're a university student, and have the same opportunities within as someone studying within the university buildings.

Universities have societies to ease the tension of making friends. They are created by students and are created on common interests. You won't get along with everyone in life, but making an effort is key:yep:

This is your student union, just look around for an A-Z of societies:
http://www.upsu.com/societies/
Reply 6
Yes the Plymouth Uni.

Societies are groups made up by students for sharing interests, whether its sports to make a football team or movies to watch films etc; every university usually has a lot going on infact just googling “Plymouth unisocieties” gave this link http://www.upsu.com/societies/a-zsocieties/ there’s lots of groups even food ones were you go out and try restaurants, maybe there is something that interests you
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
AvengedYoshi
x

I'm anonymous:itsme: ..just noticed the spelling mistakes
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
Not sure why it posted as Anonymous:dry:

You're a university student, and have the same opportunities within as someone studying within the university buildings.

Universities have societies to ease the tension of making friends. They are created by students and are created on common interests. You won't get along with everyone in life, but making an effort is key:yep:

This is your student union, just look around for an A-Z of societies:
http://www.upsu.com/societies/

damm beat me by a second on two :biggrin:
Original post by Shodann
damm beat me by a second on two :biggrin:

:jive:
Christian Unions are cool, even if your not a Christian but maybe believe in something.
Or events organised by the CU, incase the actually CU thing, isn't your thing.
Original post by jenkinsear
From my experience CU's are evil. Lovely, smiley exteriors but once they start revealing their true thoughts on things you start to realise it is just an act and they often have some awful values/beliefs. If you're not part of the club they look down on you and gradually try to make you feel guilty for not believing the same thing as them. I wish I'd never gone near the CU when I was an undergrad- worst decision I've ever made.

Ah that's sounds really sad, not my experience or people I know- what CU was it out of a matter of interest? If you'd rather not say, no worries.
Original post by jenkinsear
Oxford University. Can go into College specifics if you're particularly interested.

Don't know much about theirs, though I know a friend who went there and enjoyed it.
Up to you, or if you want to PM (sorry OP, don't wish to derail your thread!).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending