The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by jay2013
Not you as well! :cry:

Can I change my answer?

Hahaha, a, im kidding. I'm cool with everyone. I'm sure Suzy is too
Original post by alow
That's your opinion. You're in no position to pass judgement over whether this is a "good thread to make" (look! I used quotation marks correctly!).

You're just looking for a stupid argument

Original post by So Instinct
According to what? It seems more likely he's talking about most men, with the average male height being less than 6'1 he's pretty justified in his claim.

Nonetheless it makes no difference, he's talking about a male perspective, what men think. Many males are scared of rejection and many males think taller females will reject them.

Why would most men be intimidated by a tall girl? Most men aren't short

He's talking about him, not anyone else.
Reply 42
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
"I'm a guy so I know everything" no, you do not

I'm just pointing out it's a silly thread to make when you admitted yourself you know nothing about women

His point isn't about women, it's about why guys tend to go for girls who are shorter than them
Reply 43
Original post by jay2013
Wow, but do you have long sexy legs? :wink:

I guess they're long, but sexy? I will leave that for my future boyfriend to decide. I can't make that decision, haha
Original post by Machop
His point isn't about women, it's about why guys tend to go for girls who are shorter than them

He made a point about "women say it's not x, but we all know it is"
Original post by iHateLaw
Im 6'1. I'm a... skygracer :cool:

Woah! You are the definition of a tall girl xD I'm 5'8 and I consider myself to be fairly tall xD

Original post by jay2013
Not you as well! :cry:

Can I change my answer?

Nope xD It's too late Jay :mmm:
Reply 46
Original post by suzylemonade
And you know how exactly? Are you a tall girl? :rolleyes:
I'm a tall girl (5"8- I think that's considered to be tall?) and from talking to other tall friends about things like this, the general consensus was that we're generally just not attracted to guys shorter than us. Personally, I'd like a guy to be taller than me

Spoiler

. But putting it down to insecurity? No. Some girls may feel that way, but 'plenty' is a definite overexaggeration.

5"8 is not tall in my opinion. I'm 5"9 and I don't consider myself tall.

Spoiler

You're just looking for a stupid argument

Why would most men be intimidated by a tall girl? Most men aren't short

He's talking about him, not anyone else.

You seem like the type of person who hates to be wrong or admit it, even if it's glaringly obvious.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by iHateLaw
I guess they're long, but sexy? I will leave that for my future boyfriend to decide. I can't make that decision, haha

I look forward to making that decision! :wink:
Original post by jay2013

Spoiler

Really? I've always been told that I'm super tall etc. etc. xD

Spoiler

And you know how exactly? Are you a tall girl? :rolleyes:
I'm a tall girl (5"8- I think that's considered to be tall?) and from talking to other tall friends about things like this, the general consensus was that we're generally just not attracted to guys shorter than us. Personally, I'd like a guy to be taller than me

Spoiler

. But putting it down to insecurity? No. Some girls may feel that way, but 'plenty' is a definite overexaggeration.

I have read people's opinions on this topic on the internet. I don't need to be a tall girl to know this. You can latch on to one word in my post all you want.

I am aware that plenty of girls aren't attracted to short guys. I also am sure that some people don't tell the truth regarding this. People don't want others to know about their insecurities.
Original post by So Instinct
You seem like the type of person who hates to be wrong or admit it, even if it's glaringly obvious.

I'm not wrong, he's made a thread about HIS insecurities and is saying it applies to everyone
Reply 52
Woah! You are the definition of a tall girl xD I'm 5'8 and I consider myself to be fairly tall xD

Nope xD It's too late Jay :mmm:

Original post by jay2013

Spoiler

In your opinion - but that's minority.
5'8 is tall for a girl - you can see from the average height of a girl being 5'4 ............
Reply 53
He made a point about "women say it's not x, but we all know it is"

Well I think it's fair to say that the substantial majority of girls want a guy who is taller than them or at the very least the same height, therefore a lot of women will reject a guy if he is shorter than them and many studies find that women regard height to be an important physical trait.
Original post by NathanW18
I have read people's opinions on this topic on the internet. I don't need to be a tall girl to know this. You can latch on to one word in my post all you want.

I am aware that plenty of girls aren't attracted to short guys. I also am sure that some people don't tell the truth regarding this. People don't want others to know about their insecurities.

How can you be sure? The point is that you can't be, but for some strange deluded reason, you think you can. *sigh* It's frustrating that some guys on TSR seem to think they know everything :rolleyes:
I would ask a tall girl out anytime. Where are they?
Reply 56
Really? I've always been told that I'm super tall etc. etc. xD

Spoiler

Maybe it's down to genders. A lot of the women I've met have been shorter than 5"8. There have been some who have been 6 foot and above but generally most I've met are shorter (that may just be bad luck. Or is it good luck? lol)

So anyways you compare yourself to women in general who I believe are shorter than 5"8 so that makes you believe you are tall. If that makes any sense!
Original post by Machop
Well I think it's fair to say that the substantial majority of girls want a guy who is taller than them or at the very least the same height, therefore a lot of women will reject a guy if he is shorter than them and many studies find that women regard height to be an important physical trait.

Right. No one's saying that. But he's making up a stupid reason. Instead of saying "most guys aren't attracted to taller women and most women aren't attracted to shorter men" he's using his own insecurity
Reply 58
Original post by jay2013
I look forward to making that decision! :wink:

Hahaha, cheese.

Original post by kidomo
I would ask a tall girl out anytime. Where are they?

We're in hiding I'm afraid, the rain gets to us first. Horrible flu. That's the trouble with being closer to the sky :tongue:
I'm not wrong, he's made a thread about HIS insecurities and is saying it applies to everyone

I date a girl who is taller then me when she wears heels, which is often. I may not share his insecurities but I still agree that many guys around the age of 18 would have similar insecurities.
It's common to think that a girl will want a taller man, so he is right.

Guys seem to agree with his view, regardless on his experience on the matter. You seem to stubborn to want to acknowledge or accept that though.
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending