The Student Room Group

How to change university

I am currently studying photography at Falmouth university and am in my first year. I did not realise how homesick I would be (living 5/6 hours away) and how unhappy it makes me. Falmouth is really small and I get bored easily, I do not feel motivated when I feel so unhappy about missing home all the time. It's just not working for me and I now want to do something about it. It is now March 2014 and I wish to start as a first year all over again at a university closer to home this September, however, I have now missed the ucas deadline and have no idea how to go about it. I haven't yet spoken to my university about it, but I am pretty set on leaving. I do not want to spend a further 2 years feeling this unhappy. I also do not know whether to drop out of university now (saving myself money and being able to leave) or whether I need to finish my first year until we break up at summer? Is there any point in staying when I know I will leave regardless? Or will that look bad on my part to my next potential university? Responses would be helpful, thank you
Still contact ucas and see if you can get an application in.
I would definitely ring ucas and tell them about your situation I would also contact your university as soon as possible you Don't want to keep dragging it or you won't get anywhere.

Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending