The Student Room Group

Interracial relationship in society

In my personal opinion the heart wants what the heart wants. If you love someone no matter what race or background there from it should be accepted by everyone. But in today's society, some black parents don't like there children dating white people & vice versa, due to backgrounds and religion. I was just wondering has anyone ever not dated someone they liked because of these reasons?
if you love them, then you love them. generation opinions and traditions change and adapt over time...dont risk your life's happiness because youre parents said so...
I'm white and my preference is black males.

Initially my parents didn't like the idea of it, but it never deterred me; after all, they wouldn't be dating these boys, i would be. As long as you like them there should be no issue. (Currently dating a Jamaican boy for 2 months, and my parents love him! There is hope)
Reply 3
Original post by ---yaboy
I am 100% against it

it is wrong

looks wrong

is wrong

tastes wrong

feels wrong

and no

Do us a favour and just go to sleep, please.
Reply 4
Original post by jsuccess
In my personal opinion the heart wants what the heart wants. If you love someone no matter what race or background there from it should be accepted by everyone. But in today's society, some black parents don't like there children dating white people & vice versa, due to backgrounds and religion. I was just wondering has anyone ever not dated someone they liked because of these reasons?

While my preference is white females (my own race) i would say that anybody who puts social stigma above their own happiness is weak and probably not worth the trouble. It reminds me of the type of women who allow their friends to dictate who their boyfriend is.
Reply 5
Original post by Rakas21
While my preference is white females (my own race) i would say that anybody who puts social stigma above their own happiness is weak and probably not worth the trouble. It reminds me of the type of women who allow their friends to dictate who their boyfriend is.

Omg your so right! I guess it is a sign of character weakness and you probably don't deserve someone to love.
Reply 6
Original post by Laurenx123x
I'm white and my preference is black males.

Initially my parents didn't like the idea of it, but it never deterred me; after all, they wouldn't be dating these boys, i would be. As long as you like them there should be no issue. (Currently dating a Jamaican boy for 2 months, and my parents love him! There is hope)

Yeah your right, I guess once parents get to know them and see how much they adore you it's heart warming, I hope it all works out!
Reply 7
Original post by Elizabeth96
if you love them, then you love them. generation opinions and traditions change and adapt over time...dont risk your life's happiness because youre parents said so...

Amen amen amen, well said
Reply 8
Wellington, I think this issue is a bit complex. Normally, in a relationship you have a lot of difficulties and if you add the cultural factor. And I'm not even talking about "race".

In my experience, I know some "mixed" couples (spanish with german or polish) and they've failed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending