The Student Room Group

Women: please tell me exactly what is wrong with me.

Sod that: TSR PLEASE TELL ME EXACTLY WHAT IS WRONG WTH ME

Since I appear to be oblivious to whatever I'm doing wrong, if you have the time, have a look through my thread history and list every turn-off/red flag I put up.

N.B. I don't really want to date, which is to say of course I do, I miss my ex so much but glad we can stay friends and understand the reasons…but I am really not ready for a relationship. Why I don't know, I just know it will burn. So anyone who can help me here would be much appreciated ta :smile:

edit: Made a list. Cripes I'm a mess.
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Riku
Since I appear to be oblivious to whatever I'm doing wrong, if you have the time, have a look through my thread history and list every turn-off/red flag I put up.

N.B. I don't really want to date, which is to say of course I do, I miss my ex so much but glad we can stay friends and understand the reasons…but I am really not ready for a relationship. Why I don't know, I just know it will burn. So anyone who can help me here would be much appreciated ta :smile:

We meet again Riku...you just keep the threads coming XD I imagine most girls here will say "lack of confidence bla bla bla". Little more really, none of them have been with you irl lol. Tbh stop looking for advice here, you're quite a unique and clever person, very few people truly appreciate that. The girls are the ones missing out. They're the problem, not you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
You are the type of guy who feeds off threads like this or IRL you are the guy who asks/wants advice but does the opposite and then goes "hmmm, I dont know".

In short, your ADHD attention whore ego stroking in here is the most off putting a woman would find in you if she talked to you for more than 5 minutes.
Original post by TSRgawdlike
You are the type of guy who feeds off threads like this or IRL you are the guy who asks/wants advice but does the opposite and then goes "hmmm, I dont know".

In short, your ADHD attention whore ego stroking in here is the most off putting a woman would find in you if she talked to you for more than 5 minutes.

Ego stroking? Where does he try to ego stroke? If anything he's always making self-deprecating threads on here. Granted, his posting is quite excessive but the guy's probably just lonely, which I totally understand. Have some empathy, you didn't need to be so harsh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Abstraction
Ego stroking? Where does he try to ego stroke? If anything he's always making self-deprecating threads on here. Granted, his posting is quite excessive but the guy's probably just lonely, which I totally understand. Have some empathy, you didn't need to be so harsh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

said something triggering
(edited 10 years ago)
You are extremely, obsessively and off-puttingly needy. It's not a "women" thing, either - no one likes it.

You care far, far too much about what people think, to the point you allow it to rule who you are and dictate your life. You let your chronic insecurity and self-doubt ruin your relationships, and you come across as very weak-willed and incapable of making your own decisions, however basic they may be. You give up too easily in most situations and resign yourself to ill-formed judgements of the world and self-pity, rather than taking a different view of things or putting the time in to change your situation.

You seek attention, validation and acceptance, which is why you constantly create threads here, but the fact of the matter is they will not make you feel better and your relationships will continue to fail unless you do some much needed introspection and work on yourself. I think you've previously mentioned a counselor - I suggest you make this problem the focal point of what you discuss, because you need to discuss these insecurities with someone, work through them and actually start growing some confidence and taking a hold of life before you let yourself be down-trodden further.

I don't know your circumstances, and I can only guess that something happened growing up that made you this way - self-esteem issues like yours are usually the result of oppressive environments or bullying, which is actually very common - but you have to start seeing the good in yourself and establishing an identity true to who you are that you are happy with, as well as making your own decisions and having faith in them, independent of whatever people may think.

And for heaven's sake, listen. I've seen your threads previously and you have received some damn good advice, but you take it in for about half an hour before completely emptying your head of it and return to making threads again.
Reply 6
Original post by Abstraction
We meet again Riku...you just keep the threads coming XD I imagine most girls here will say "lack of confidence bla bla bla". Little more really, none of them have been with you irl lol. Tbh stop looking for advice here, you're quite a unique and clever person, very few people truly appreciate that. The girls are the ones missing out. They're the problem, not you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow that's incredibly kind og you!
Maybe I should dtart yhen:

-Irresponsible
-Lazy
-Sociopathic
-peoople pleasing
Needy clingy
disorganised
Skinny fat
self absoebed
HYpocritical
Reply 7
Original post by Meyrin
You are extremely, obsessively and off-puttingly needy. It's not a "women" thing, either - no one likes it.

You care far, far too much about what people think, to the point you allow it to rule who you are and dictate your life. You let your chronic insecurity and self-doubt ruin your relationships, and you come across as very weak-willed and incapable of making your own decisions, however basic they may be. You give up too easily in most situations and resign yourself to ill-formed judgements of the world and self-pity, rather than taking a different view of things or putting the time in to change your situation.

You seek attention, validation and acceptance, which is why you constantly create threads here, but the fact of the matter is they will not make you feel better and your relationships will continue to fail unless you do some much needed introspection and work on yourself. I think you've previously mentioned a counselor - I suggest you make this problem the focal point of what you discuss, because you need to discuss these insecurities with someone, work through them and actually start growing some confidence and taking a hold of life before you let yourself be down-trodden further.

I don't know your circumstances, and I can only guess that something happened growing up that made you this way - self-esteem issues like yours are usually the result of oppressive environments or bullying, which is actually very common - but you have to start seeing the good in yourself and establishing an identity true to who you are that you are happy with, as well as making your own decisions and having faith in them, independent of whatever people may think.

And for heaven's sake, listen. I've seen your threads previously and you have received some damn good advice, but you take it in for about half an hour before completely emptying your head of it and return to making threads again.

Ah! Better
but therein lies the rub; the heslth cinscientiousnesd for examole? Pride in appearance? Desire god good gitness?
Vanity narcissism selfishness
Csncels out thr good in me . Distresses my family

Yesh i got bullief and besten up bls bla and started losing sleep and having panic attacks bla bla
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Riku
Ah! Better

If you're already aware of what your problems are, why are you not doing anything to rectify them?
Reply 9
You're an emotional trainwreck, and not special enough to be worth the hassle.
Reply 10
And you're self destructive. Making threads like this to convince yourself you're nothing and that no girl will ever want you.
Reply 11
Original post by Meyrin
If you're already aware of what your problems are, why are you not doing anything to rectify them?

Read above post. It's easier to wallow. Even asks for replies from 'women'
Reply 12
Original post by Meyrin

I'm not aware I'm musing and serking external geedback with the swareness thst st 3sm my logic is skewed
Reply 13
Original post by samba
And you're self destructive. Making threads like this to convince yourself you're nothing and that no girl will ever want you.

Acyually no that i had a loving relationshopfor 9 minths is a great sign and she is currently still a good friend
of course she was sympathrtic of my...difficulties nit evetykne will bem domeyimes tough love is called fof
Original post by samba
You're an emotional trainwreck, and not special enough to be worth the hassle.

The last bit just stings but fair enough
Original post by Riku
I'm not aware I'm musing and serking external geedback with the swareness thst st 3sm my logic is skewed

Why are there so many typos?

Other people have said all that needs to be said. Stop being so needy and stop creating threads about every little thing. If you really need to talk, call the samaritans.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Riku
Ah! Better
but therein lies the rub; the heslth cinscientiousnesd for examole? Pride in appearance? Desire god good gitness?
Vanity narcissism selfishness
Csncels out thr good in me . Distresses my family

Yesh i got bullief and besten up bls bla and started losing sleep and having panic attacks bla bla

Finding it a little hard to understand you at the moment.

Wanting to feel good about yourself is not vanity. Wanting to feel healthy is not selfishness or narcissism. It only becomes so if you obsess over it and live your life focused solely on yours and others' appearances. But taking care of yourself is key to having better confidence. I saw your other thread, you do not need your father's permission to work out and you certainly do not to apologise for what you're doing. If anything, exercise will help you out of the rut you're in. I really recommend pursuing it properly. You have a lot of fitness guys on here who can help you out with what to do.

I know it's difficult, but you are capable of overcoming these issues the moment you commit yourself to doing so, while honestly believing that you can. Your problem, like I said, is common, and at some point or another most people grapple with themselves and have mental health problems that affect them badly. But self-pity is not the answer. These threads are not the answer. You can beat yourself up and say it's all down to "how things are", but your life will never change. Or you can start changing things now.

You're not a bad person, you're just letting bad experiences overpower you at the moment and you need to let go and start afresh.
Reply 16
Are you drunk right now? Your typing is a mess and its usually not.
Meyrin pretty much hit the nail on the head, you're insecure and needy. TSR isn't going to help you with these issues you need to work through them with a counsellor.

This thread is pointless though, you post so many asking for advice or claiming to want to change and I've seen you get some really excellent advice, but then you just ignore it and go on doing exactly the same as before.
Reply 17
Honestly. Pretending to be drunk or broken to garner sympathy from random girls on the internet has the be amongst one of the most pathetic forms of emotional manipulation possible.
Reply 18
Original post by qwertyking
Why are there so many typos?

Other people have said all that needs to be said. Stop being so needy and stop creating threads about every little thing. If you really need to talk, call the samaritans.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Emotional manipulation pure and simple. He forgets to type like a drunken fool in some sentences
You've been given loads of advice in all of your threads, you just never listen to it. I think therapy might help you deal with some of the issues you have

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending