The Student Room Group

Women: please tell me exactly what is wrong with me.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Meyrin
Your problems have already been highlighted by other posters, I'm not entirely sure why you're still going on with this.

Whether or not your "immaturity" is a turn off or not is completely irrelevant, because you are not going to be getting a girlfriend in the state you are in right now. Mentally, you are a mess.

You need to sign off attracting female attention, looking for a girlfriend, "improving yourself" for a relationship, and obsessing over what girls like because that is not going to happen, and nor should it happen, until you sort yourself and your problems out. You will only face a series of destructive, co-dependent relationships and ruin yourself further.

Why are you so reluctant to do something? Do you think something will change if you complain and talk about it here long enough?

I'm not looking for a girlfriend atm I just want to

-finish my degree (with 2.1 hopefully and by some stroke of luck/maybe skill I'm managing that despite my problems),
-manage my Internet addiction (of sorts-habitual thought to come online every night even though I get the niggling sense I'd rather do something else)
-get to bed earlier
-probably stop being so scared of my parents, I imagine this 'can I go to the gym' thing has more to it
-maybe start going to the gym again but actually beating my fear of exercise (response to panic attacks) is just as important
-get back to my old hobbies like reading, signing and watching films
- feel less socially awkward .

Spoiler

-If I'm a REALLY good boy I wanna do Camp America. See the world a bit, volunteer. But doubt I'll be safe to do that while I have some of these obsessions/act on said obsessions
-Play ****ing Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix already cos I got it at like Christmas :tongue: and get out of Dupont Circle on Fallout 3. Have not been videogaming for sooo long (partly because not sure replacing social anxiety and computer with social anxiety+gaming will solve anything

yeah that is pretty much everything
Reply 81
Original post by desdemonata
Riku, you are either taking the piss or trolling.

Either way, yet again, stop asking for advice, log off TSR, and actually implement some of the advice you've been given and be proactive in sorting out your mental issues.

No this is genuinely the conversation we had and I am genuinely worried about Saturday :/ for the reasons laid out above
yeah I am going to try and cut down on the threads like I say :smile: :hugs:
Original post by Riku
I'm not looking for a girlfriend atm I just want to

-finish my degree (with 2.1 hopefully and by some stroke of luck/maybe skill I'm managing that despite my problems),
-manage my Internet addiction (of sorts-habitual thought to come online every night even though I get the niggling sense I'd rather do something else)
-get to bed earlier
-probably stop being so scared of my parents, I imagine this 'can I go to the gym' thing has more to it
-maybe start going to the gym again but actually beating my fear of exercise (response to panic attacks) is just as important
-get back to my old hobbies like reading, signing and watching films
- feel less socially awkward .

Spoiler

-If I'm a REALLY good boy I wanna do Camp America. See the world a bit, volunteer. But doubt I'll be safe to do that while I have some of these obsessions/act on said obsessions
-Play ****ing Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix already cos I got it at like Christmas :tongue: and get out of Dupont Circle on Fallout 3. Have not been videogaming for sooo long (partly because not sure replacing social anxiety and computer with social anxiety+gaming will solve anything

yeah that is pretty much everything

All right, those are very good goals.

But what are you going to do to achieve them?
Original post by Riku
Thanks for the advice.
I agree and disagree? I'm hurt that you say that my first love was only ever an obsession and doomed from the start because I wondered that myself and maybe it' better that don't get close to anyone in future because as TSR points out I will just obsess over them and make their life misery. Personally I thought I wasn't obsessing when I first sked her out, and he always told me how happy I mad her. I reckon I startd getting obsesed about the same time bought into the alpha male thing around eptember/OCtober, coincidentally after she'd been away for summer to India for 2 months, after our firt breakup, and when I started getting paranoid about Superman-but she of coure.
but TSR knows better about my life than I do I guess

edit: sorry for putting words in your mouth. Inverted commas aren't you specifically, but |I've had users say similar thngs to me in the past that have shook my confidence (e.g. 'your girl is probably balls deep in Superman as we speak' knowing I get paranoid)

You don't need to think anyone on tsr hates you. You merely infuriate them on the basis of your thread. Only a dog returns to their sick - you shouldn't have got back together after first break up. You shouldn't have brought up Superman so much - you idolise him!
Reply 84
Original post by Meyrin
All right, those are very good goals.

But what are you going to do to achieve them?

I'll probably start with the easy ones involving little conflict such as 'earlier bedtime', and less Internet. Not too far behind with work.
gradually progressing to the more problematic ones
Original post by Riku
I'll probably start with the easy ones involving little conflict such as 'earlier bedtime', and less Internet. Not too far behind with work.
gradually progressing to the more problematic ones

And your mental/ self-esteem problems?
Reply 86
Original post by WildeAboutOscar
You don't need to think anyone on tsr hates you. You merely infuriate them on the basis of your thread. Only a dog returns to their sick - you shouldn't have got back together after first break up. You shouldn't have brought up Superman so much - you idolise him!

-Point taken :P
-Going to disagree, she was clearly depressed first time she said we should call it a day, and she came back to me a few days later. All the circumstances of our relationship were messy. Amazingly, we're still good friends. It probably works better this way.
-He is called 'Superman' though :/ and I was going through my stupid alpha male phase at the time
Reply 87
Original post by Meyrin
And your mental/ self-esteem problems?

Continue with therapist/counsellor//CBT
Unlikely to take advice in while refusing to do basic self care such as early night. Likely to forget, be too tired etc.
will take a while to deconstruct certain world views I have
Reply 88
Original post by Riku
can't see her until next week :frown:
Idk I know there are lots of good things about me, I just seem to get very annoyed about perceived flaws. Coming across as a bit childish isn't necessarily a flaw, just imagine it's not a turn on :redface:

OK well let me know how it goes yeah? :smile:
Original post by Riku
Continue with therapist/counsellor//CBT
Unlikely to take advice in while refusing to do basic self care such as early night. Likely to forget, be too tired etc.
will take a while to deconstruct certain world views I have

Are you doing moodgym?
I appreciate that you're beginning to take in what people have said.
Original post by Riku
No this is genuinely the conversation we had and I am genuinely worried about Saturday :/ for the reasons laid out above
yeah I am going to try and cut down on the threads like I say :smile: :hugs:

I mean in general. I have seen at least a half-dozen threads from you between now and the last time I quoted you. The amount of people that have told you to stop making threads because they don't actually help you is unreal.

Riku, you are always "genuinely worried" about a million things. You need to stop seeking permission from other people to take charge of your own life and sort out things for your sake, and nobody else's.
Reply 91
Original post by WildeAboutOscar
Are you doing moodgym?
I appreciate that you're beginning to take in what people have said.

I started then I stopped, I have a CBT book at home which helps, I need to go back to them, I keep putting them off due to work etc. Also one of my worries is feeling I have to show I'm busy to my dad who does a 60 hour week with 2 jobs and then is out most nights
Reply 92
Riku, you are either taking the piss or trolling.

Either way, yet again, stop asking for advice, log off TSR, and actually implement some of the advice you've been given and be proactive in sorting out your mental issues.

Of course he's taking the piss. It's just attention seeking and draining energy from people to get attention and sympathy. Do you really think anybody who wanted to help themselves or actually had serious problems would be so openly pissing around making lists. Depression and **** is debilitating, you think you're **** anyway and not worth anybodies time. This is just a selfish plea to show himself he's worth peoples time and attention, and a self destructive one knowing much of that attention will be negative.

Spoiler

Reply 93
Original post by samba
Of course he's taking the piss. It's just attention seeking and draining energy from people to get attention and sympathy. Do you really think anybody who wanted to help themselves or actually had serious problems would be so openly pissing around making lists. Depression and **** is debilitating, you think you're **** anyway and not worth anybodies time. This is just a selfish plea to show himself he's worth peoples time and attention, and a self destructive one knowing much of that attention will be negative.

Spoiler

I'm unusually vocal and probably overtly so about it but don't for a minute think I don't have some problems.
If this is the attitude you're going to encourage people to take to me I'm probably better going back to the MHSS.

Spoiler

Original post by Riku
I'm unusually vocal and probably overtly so about it but don't for a minute think I don't have some problems.
If this is the attitude you're going to encourage people to take to me I'm probably better going back to the MHSS.

Spoiler

Riku, you have no right to be indignant. This is not a professional health service. You shouldn't be relying on TSR to the extent you do at all.

This is a public forum. That's exactly why you shouldn't treat it like your diary, and then complain about people's attitude when they don't like seeing a dozen threads from you all in the same vein with no progress. Clearly TSR doesn't help you and you never take in anyone's advice, even in thread.
Reply 95
Riku, you have no right to be indignant. This is not a professional health service. You shouldn't be relying on TSR to the extent you do at all.

This is a public forum. That's exactly why you shouldn't treat it like your diary, and then complain about people's attitude when they don't like seeing a dozen threads from you all in the same vein with no progress. Clearly TSR doesn't help you and you never take in anyone's advice, even in thread.

That's fair enough.

Spoiler

Reply 96
Original post by Riku
That's fair enough.

Spoiler

Yes they are friendly, and try to help, and you abuse that fact to your own ends constantly without giving a **** about how you make other people feel.
Reply 97
Original post by samba
Yes they are friendly, and try to help, and you abuse that fact to your own ends constantly without giving a **** about how you make other people feel.

:s-smilie: have I said something on the MHSS I shouldn't have now too? :/
Reply 98
Original post by Riku
:s-smilie: have I said something on the MHSS I shouldn't have now too? :/

Do you still not understand? Almost everything you say at this point is offensive, insufferable, and people just don't want to see or hear it. You're a classic 'taker', you take and take. And people are fed up of that.

The majority of people there may be too nice to say so, but I'm most certainly not.
Reply 99
Original post by samba
Do you still not understand? Almost everything you say at this point is offensive, insufferable, and people just don't want to see or hear it. You're a classic 'taker', you take and take. And people are fed up of that.

The majority of people there may be too nice to say so, but I'm most certainly not.

I'm really sorry if I upset you but I'm still not sure what I've done-certainly on that thread where I am more sensitive to good people in a similar if not sometimes more difficult situation-to merit cutting off a line of support.
Maybe it's better I go off TSR entirely.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending