The Student Room Group

Applicant to UCL and others. Please help me please.

Hello everyone. this is my first post.
I'm an International applicant from India and want to study at UCL.
I couldn't give my final exams because of severe heart problems. :frown:
This time I didn't apply to any of the unis but I'm definitely gonna apply as soon as UCAS opens. What UCL requires is 10th grade mark-sheet and 12th predicted grades. I scored 95% in 10th grade and my counselor predicted 97% in my 12th exams. (UCL requires 90% and I was predicted 97%) I had my documents ready but as I said, couldn't apply this year. Currently I'm in hospital but always thinking of going to UCL. I'm sure my counselor and other teachers will predict more than 95% in 12th grade, I've always been a good student in my school. But now I'll give my exams next year. So, will UCL understand why did I retake an year ??? :confused:
If my referee mentions this in her reference and I provide a doctor-note on my condition will they understand?? Academics are not an issue here. The issue is AN YEAR I'm going to miss because of heath issues.
I'm applying for Information Management for business if that's important.
Thank you everyone and please reply please. I'm in a terrible condition right now. please help please....:frown:
Reply 1
:bump::bump::bump: please please anyone . . . . .
Reply 2
Why doesn't anyone reply ? Please I'm going to DIE NOW . . . please help !!
Reply 3
Original post by Halamadrid9
Hello everyone. this is my first post.
I'm an International applicant from India and want to study at UCL.
I couldn't give my final exams because of severe heart problems. :frown:
This time I didn't apply to any of the unis but I'm definitely gonna apply as soon as UCAS opens. What UCL requires is 10th grade mark-sheet and 12th predicted grades. I scored 95% in 10th grade and my counselor predicted 97% in my 12th exams. (UCL requires 90% and I was predicted 97%) I had my documents ready but as I said, couldn't apply this year. Currently I'm in hospital but always thinking of going to UCL. I'm sure my counselor and other teachers will predict more than 95% in 12th grade, I've always been a good student in my school. But now I'll give my exams next year. So, will UCL understand why did I retake an year ??? :confused:
If my referee mentions this in her reference and I provide a doctor-note on my condition will they understand?? Academics are not an issue here. The issue is AN YEAR I'm going to miss because of heath issues.
I'm applying for Information Management for business if that's important.
Thank you everyone and please reply please. I'm in a terrible condition right now. please help please....:frown:
You need to make sure that your referee includes the information about why you were unable to take your exams as planned in your reference. If UCL require further information/confirmation of this they will ask for it.

I hope you are better soon.
Why doesn't anyone reply ? Please I'm going to DIE NOW . . . please help !!

If you're having heart issues...the bit in blue/bold really isn't right to say.. :s-smilie:

and yeh, I had similar circumstances to yours, but a different medical reason, and I got into UCL+Imperial. Albeit i have already achieved my A-levels last year and exceeded the necessary requirements for both places.

I didn't have to state the exact medical condition on my reference, but the admissions tutor did email me if I was fit to come to interview as I sent my application off relatively early.

You can mention your condition if you feel it is appropriate. However it is not a requirement unless they specifically email/contact you asking for it.

Good luck, it's not impossible :wink:
delaying your exams a year I don't think will bother them - you can completely retake and still get in , and you have a legit medical reason

If you are really worried , you can always email their admissions for advice on whether they will seriously consider your application if you have delayed your exams a year due to your medical issues , but I don't think there will be an issue

I mean , you can't help it and it sounds serious if you are in hospital

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Thanks, as I said- academics are not an issue, My grades are very good but I don't want my application to be automatically rejected because of these health issues. Definitely I'll provide them a doctor note and my teacher told me that she's gonna describe everything in detail. Other than I'm applying to( MY PREDICTED IS 97%)-
- Manchester Uni (Requires 83%)
-Edinburgh Uni (Requires 80%)
-Sheffield Uni(75%)
-UCL AND LSE (90%)
i DON'T WANT TO GET REJECTED BY ALL OF THEM JUST BECAUSE I HAD SERIOUS HEART ISSUES.
Still, thanks everyone
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Thanks, as I said- academics are not an issue, My grades are very good but I don't want my application to be automatically rejected because of these health issues. Definitely I'll provide them a doctor note and my teacher told me that she's gonna describe everything in detail. Other than I'm applying to( MY PREDICTED IS 97%)-
- Manchester Uni (Requires 83%)
-Edinburgh Uni (Requires 80%)
-Sheffield Uni(75%)
-UCL AND LSE (90%)
i DON'T WANT TO GET REJECTED BY ALL OF THEM JUST BECAUSE I HAD SERIOUS HEART ISSUES.
Still, thanks everyone
You won't be rejected on health grounds. You might be unsuccessful for other reasons, despite your predicted grades, so it's important to make sure the rest of your application is as strong as it can be. The issue about your health is contextual information for the admissions tutors, not a case of special pleading.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending