The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

BCU Midwifery

Hi! I'm new to the site...just wondered if anyone out there has been accepted at BCU to start midwifery in September? So looking forward to it! Just need to complete Access Course.
Reply 1
Hi there I have been accepted to study midwifery in September also, I can't wait... It's really exciting! Are you going to be living in student accommodation?
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi! No, I live within 15 miles of the campus, so will be getting the train in - I've been looking at costs vs driving, but I don't fancy the drive in rush hour traffic! I think the student accommodation at Edgbaston is right next door to the uni, so it'd be ideal. Will you be moving far from home?
Reply 3
I haven't decided yet. I definitely won't be living in the campus student accommodation (as I have done student accommodation before) but am thinking about renting a flat In Birmingham somewhere. I only live an hour away so may commute until Christmas when I know the area better then look to rent?
It's so nice, being able to talk to you before we start the course together!
Do you know how many people are on the midwifery course per year?
Hey, Im starting midwifery in September too :smile: x
Reply 5
Hi Hcooper93 and Charlotte 1692! I think there are 68 places for midwifery. There are 29 of us on Facebook if you want to join? If you send me a PM with your e-mail address I'll add you.....I'm new to Facebook as thought it'd be a good idea to get in touch with people before we start!X
Reply 6
Hey! I'm starting Midwifery this Sept too! This fb group sounds like a good idea! X
Reply 7
Hi! Congratulations! Feel free to PM me with your email address and I'll add you to the group!
Hi guys, if you add me on fb "Wendi Rhodes" i'll add u to the group. Xx
Reply 9
Thanks Wendi lol!
Hi ladies

I'm wondering if any of you would be willing to provide some advice and guidance on a 'would be' BCU midwifery student who has an interview on the 4th March. Any pointers would be really great. Also, how are you all getting on in your first year? I'm so chuffed to have got an interview, particularly as I'm 42!!

Many thanks in advance.

Cx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending