The Student Room Group

So, the 'hazard perception' part of the test..........

So, I have my theory test tomorrow, and the hazard perception part is worrying me far more than the multiple-choice part. I seem to be finding conflicting advice, as to what to do. Many people seem to claim that you should click as soon as you see a potential hazard, then again when it develops, then again when you would have cause to slow down or change direction etc. But then, it seems that you're only scored for your response as the hazard actually develops, so what's the point in clicking as soon as you see a potential hazard, if it's not going to contribute to your score?

I've done some practice clips on 'Theory Test Pro', and on Red Driving School's website, and have found that, for one clip which both sites have, I got a score of zero for clicking too much on one site, yet for the same clip on the other website, I got full marks, and even retried, deliberately clicking a lot more than I did the time I failed on the other website, and still got full marks....!

I'm now not knowing whether to 'play it safe' and not click until the hazard develops, lest I score zero for excessive-clicking, or whether to click several times, as most people seem to recommend. It seems like it should be an easy test, but it's hard to know exactly how their marking really works.

Any advice would be much-welcomed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending