The Student Room Group

All my friends are going uni next year , any tips on coping ?

Hi guys , I find myself in a depressing predicament . I have very few friends , but the few friends I have are the most trustworthy , loyal friends I've ever had .

Next year they're all going off to uni and i'm going to be taking a gap , during which i'll be doing a internship and possibly traveling alone (scary thought). I'm going to be bloody lonely and just wondering if anyone's got any advice on how to cope ?

Perhaps I could try and make new friends , but i've kind of forgotten how to ?

Also , another subject . I'm a 18 year old virgin and really want to get laid , I wouldn't say im desperate but I just really use my gift nom'sayin ? I'm not the most attractive bloke , used to be pretty ugly actually but I put much more effort into my appearance now , went from about 72kg to 81kg in 6 months of gym work etc

I'm just wondering if anyone's got any advice on how I can meet new girls ? I went to a boys school and it did nothing but drive me a bit insane and deprive me of female contact . Moved to a college at 16 but my luck didn't really increase lol , I have female friends but no interests in that way.

I really don't want to have to wait till uni

Thanks for your time
Reply 1
Try to see it as an opportunity to throw yourself into new situations. You can go new places, do new things, meet new people and not be stuck with them long term. That provides a lot of opportunity to give it a go. Just try to be friendly, make yourself talk to people even if it's uncomfortable and challenge yourself. You'll learn through doing it. Even if you have to pretend and feel like acting like you have confidence without believing it.

And don't go looking to loose your virginity, go for more meeting people with meeting someone to **** being a nice bonus if it happens to happen. Going looking for sex/a girlfriend will make you miss opportunities and probably come across as creepy/desperate.
Reply 2
bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending