The Student Room Group

SF re-apply | deferral EU student

Hi,

I'm in a bit of an unclear situation at the moment - I am about to finish my 1st year at uni but am extremely unhappy with my course, which is why I am considering changing to another uni.
Since it is too late to do that now and a transfer was not possible, my only choice would be to take a year "off" and re-enter uni at level 4 (1st year) again after.

If I were to do this, would i still be eligible for tuition fee loans for the full 3 years of study?

I'm an EU student and have been awarded a scholarship covering the full amount of this year's tuition fees - I did apply for SF and got my application approved, but my university technically didn't receive any payments.

Also, since I'm not clear about what I'm going to do, I was trying to re-apply for SF 2014, but was unable to do so - i keep getting the message "application will be open from April" which is not very helpful considering it's May already. Is there any way around this?

Sorry for the essay and thanks in advance for your help!

Verena
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi Verena,

As long as the first year you're currently on is your only period of Higher Education study then yes you will be entitled to funding for length of your new course.

If you aren't going to be attending until the 15/16 academic year then you won't be able to apply for student finance until 2015. Please note that EU students that have not been in the UK for at a least 3 years prior to their course starting cannot apply online at the moment.

Hope this helps,
Reply 2
Thanks very much for your help!

I am aware that I wouldn't be able to apply for SF for a course starting 2015 yet, but I am also unable to apply for the upcoming year.
The message "Applications aren't open yet.Forms will be available April 2014." comes up every time I try to access the forms.

Since there is still a possibility that I won't be able to find an alternative for next year, I just want to make sure to be "save" (and ultimately don't miss any deadlines) in case I'd have to stay at my current uni.

Many Thanks
Hi Verena,

If you wish to submit an application for the second year of your current course (the 2014/15 academic year), we require you to complete the EUPR1A form. This can be obtained using the following link - http://bit.ly/1jtJjXe

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending