The Student Room Group

Guy Friends

Can guys and girls be friends? It's weird I've never had guy friends but a friend of mine, literally all her friends are guys? I don't feel like I can be friends with guys, there's nothing to talk about (unless they're your boyfriend, fancying each other etc) and it can be difficult to know boundaries. i also feel like guys don't wanna be friends with me anyway, unless they have a crush on me they don't seem to like me lol. What do you think?
the proportion of guy friends who probably do have a crush on the girl is bigger than the proportion of girl friends who have a crush on the guy.
nothing wrong with having guy friends and honestly its useful to have some. just have to be careful. many are innocent but you do get the ones with the secret crush.
Reply 2
Haven't you watched 'When Harry met Sally' ? The seminal work on this topic..
As long as there's little to no attraction, or they're both in relationships etc, sure.
Otherwise nah. A painful amount of fellas in my year were into their so called best friend (girl) while the girl was either blissfully unaware or chose to ignore it for some reason, as some of them were so obvious:confused:.
Yes, obviously. Guys probably don't want to befriend you because you have the mentality of a 9 year old.
Most of my friends were boys when I was in primary school and the first years of high school. I must say, they're a lot easier to get along with!
I'm friends with boys in college, although 3 (possibly 4) have had crushes on me which does put strain on a friendship but I've had feelings for my other guy friends. So yes they can be friends but more than likely feelings do develop. Boys are easier to get along with and you just know what boundaries and you will know when you've crossed them, although me and my friends don't have many boundaries.
Yes. I'm friends with guys. I'm not attracted to them, and I'm pretty certain they don't like me (a couple have girlfriends or whatever). One of my best friends is a guy and he's like my brother, we'd never look at eachother like that.
It's all about who you get along with at the end of the day.

And yeah, there's a chance you'll fall for a friend, but for me, that's not a reason to not have friends of the opposite sex...
Your friend is a whore or she gets along with guys better

Guys n girls can't be just friends, one will always think what if and will make the move.
All my friends I hang out with are female, I use to think that I wouldn't have anything in common with them but even though my interests are different to theirs I am still able to have a laugh with them.

Men are easier to approach, jokily call him something rude and drink and what not and gender won't be a issue.
Are you 12? I'd say most people have both guy and girl friends.

Also, you have a friend who has 'LITERALLY' all guy friends? So you're a guy too, I suppose...
Most of my closest friends are girls. Absolutely everyone has thought at some point that I like them/they like me/we both like each other (even though they all have boyfriends) but I have no desire to be ''more than friends'' and I know the feeling is mutual. The thought of it just feels completely wrong, like kissing a family member.

A lot of people I know have a close friend of the opposite sex. It's not a big deal.
well, guys and girls can be friends. The feeling between is mutual, but as said above one of the opposite sex, probably, unintentionally like the opposite sex. Well, i liked one of my closest guy friends, unfortunately. But, i don't want to ever lose him, wo ai ni, wo bu xiang shi qui ni... =/
Original post by sosoloves
Can guys and girls be friends? It's weird I've never had guy friends but a friend of mine, literally all her friends are guys? I don't feel like I can be friends with guys, there's nothing to talk about (unless they're your boyfriend, fancying each other etc) and it can be difficult to know boundaries. i also feel like guys don't wanna be friends with me anyway, unless they have a crush on me they don't seem to like me lol. What do you think?

One of my best friends is a girl, who is also incidentally my ex (from a looooooong time ago though). I have plenty of friends who are girls whom I'm not interested in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry for the poor grammar. I've just realised.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending