The Student Room Group

Girlfriend wants me to read her bedtime stories as I stroke her hair. Is this weird?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arithmeticae
What kind of bedtime stories are they? :sexface:

I don't think anything sexual like 5 shades of gray >.>
More either kids stories or just like, Harry Potter books?
LOL have you heard of the oedipus/electra complex, from a pyschology student's point of view (me) that seems a bit odd :rofl:
Could be innocent though so i wont judge too quick
beautiful troll OP!!!! :smile:
That awkward moment she blurts out "Daddy!"...

But eh, slightly unusual but if you're fine with it no problems, seems from this thread you wouldn't be alone.

What books are we talking though, the sort of novels appropriate for your age or picture type books for little kids? If the latter exclusively, then as said above (and I repped you brah), Freudian happenings are occurring.
Original post by clonedmemories
My boyfriend does it for me, we're currently reading Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.

Awesome book!!! Neil Gaiman's a brilliant author anyway, but put them together and they're just fantastic! :biggrin:
Lol, that's a bit weird but you are in a relationship and i suppose it's about giving and receiving. Maybe it helps her distress and feel safe.
Original post by Plumstone
Awesome book!!! Neil Gaiman's a brilliant author anyway, but put them together and they're just fantastic! :biggrin:

I was never too familiar with either of their stuff before - had heard of them and they were both always on my list of stuff I needed to read, but never got around to. So this was the perfect solution, and it's one of my boyfriend's favourite books as well, so it works for both of us :smile:
Original post by clonedmemories
I was never too familiar with either of their stuff before - had heard of them and they were both always on my list of stuff I needed to read, but never got around to. So this was the perfect solution, and it's one of my boyfriend's favourite books as well, so it works for both of us :smile:

Do you know the film Stardust? With Robert De Niro and Clare Danes? Neil Gaiman wrote the book and it's also worth a read. Have fun with Good Omens!
Original post by Plumstone
Do you know the film Stardust? With Robert De Niro and Clare Danes? Neil Gaiman wrote the book and it's also worth a read. Have fun with Good Omens!

I did indeed know that, and it's one of my favourite films! It's on my list of things I do need to read at some point :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Her dad used to read her bedtime stories and she wants me to do it, is this weird? Or should I take it as a good thing as her dad used to do it and she loved her dad at the time.

That is ****ing adorable - has to be said. :yes:

I don't see why some people are saying this is weird. If it's something she enjoyed, then why does it matter where it originated from?

I like my spaghetti bolognese cooked with cayenne pepper and lots of garlic, because that's the way my Mother made it - whenever my fiance makes bolognese, I ask her to do the same for me.

That's about as weird as what she's asking for.
(edited 9 years ago)
I kinda like the sound of it. Maybe I'll try it sometime...
my girlfriend insists on it all the time, one of my exes did too. It's just not 'odd,' just another way of spending time together. Although I get annoyed cos I'd rather just watch or read something. Not come up with stories by myself which I used to be good at ;-;
Original post by Kagutsuchi
That is ****ing adorable - has to be said. :yes:

I don't see why some people are saying this is weird. If it's something she enjoyed, then why does it matter where it originated from?

I like my spaghetti bolognese cooked with cayenne pepper and lots of garlic, because that's the way my Mother made it - whenever my fiance makes bolognese, I ask her to do the same for me.

That's about as weird as what she's asking for.

That was my first opinion too, I kinda thought to my self 'Wow, does she really want ME to do that?' Awh, that's kinda cute
Bedtime stories with a 15 year old girl ?
Original post by Solemn Rain
I think it is sweet.

Speaking of girlfriends, I need one urgently!

ditto :tongue:
Original post by Old_Simon
Bedtime stories with a 15 year old girl ?

It's mainly because I have a British accent and she is Canadian, she loves my voice and she said that it would be nice in that way
I think it is sweet.

Speaking of girlfriends, I need one urgently!

Why urgently?
Reply 37
15 and 17?

Maybe you should spend your time reading the Daily Mail, there's some good one's on Rolf Harris.
Original post by hexagonalRod
Why urgently?

Before I grow too old!
Before I grow too old!

how old are you :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending