leg progress.jpg

September 2013: 160lb
June 2014: 220lb

Let me get my fishing rod...:cool:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SEHughes

Why? Cus you're fishing for compliments?

You say haters gonna hate, so I assume you have gotten hate for your progress before. But lettuce be real here, you put on a tonne of fat that is all. You traps look slightly more developed, but since one of your pics is shirtless and the other isn't, how can we gauge progress lmao.
Reply 2
Not just a ton, a TONNE. I do it imperial.

Yeah there's plenty of fat gain but I'm hitting PRs. I'll push up to 240lb and then start dropping thr fat.
Not just a ton, a TONNE. I do it imperial.

Yeah there's plenty of fat gain but I'm hitting PRs. I'll push up to 240lb and then start dropping thr fat.

You should have included that, no gripe for bulking while breaking PRs, would be way different if your lifting numbers were stagnant and you put on weight.

imo I don't see the point of doing what you're doing. When you hit PRs at 240, when you start cutting don't you think it'll be hard to maintain those PRs?
tbh you look fat
Nothing special really, especially with progress pictures like that.

Why can't people take full frontal photos in a normal pose with normal lighting? I don't understand what's so difficult. If I take a photo I give my other half the phone, strip down to boxers and stand in the garden with a smile on my face.

You have pretty good thickness upper back.
Reply 6
you know your meant to lift when you bulk right?
Reply 7
Do I even lift?
dreamer bulk of peace
progress.jpg
back.jpg

June 2013: 220lb

What progress have you made lifts wise?

Also, to those saying this guy is fat- well, yeah, his bf is high but he's probably made more progress in this last 9 months than most will make ever strength-wise. Plus, cutting the fat isn't all that difficult provided you have a modicum of discipline.

Keeping your bodyfat low whilst trying to put on size isn't going to happen. I'm very much of the opinion that a proper 9-12 month bulk is necessary for anyone who actually wants to be jacked provided they do it when they're young (18-22ish) cos you're at your most anabolic around this time and cutting fat whilst maintaining muscle is relatively easy.

Basically everyone I know who is actually jacked took this approach. Hell, look at pictures of Arnold/Reg Park/Dave Draper etc. from the 60's and early 70's. High bf%'s all round...
Why you covering your chest? Where are the legs? Back looks thick , can't blame the dodgy angle. It's hard to take back pics solo

You've put on size for sure. Trim the fat to reveal those gains.

I've been lifting for 2 years but not put on as much as you. But that suits me. Besides a couple of kilos, I've reached the size I want. What are your aims and lifts over that time ?

Sent from my HTC One
Reply 11
My legs are 28" pumped. Pics if you want them!

I was just striking a pose, not hiding the chest on purpose.

I've ramped up the lifts slowly, but I think I'll be repping 60kg press, 90kg bench, 140kg squat and 160kg deadlift in the next few weeks. Video proof as soon as I make it!
Reply 12
progress.jpg
back.jpg

June 2013: 220lb

Your family must be so proud.
:bebored:
Reply 13
Size goals? A more conditioned 100kg! If I was gonna start powerlifting I might consider going as high as 115kg, but I don't want to be a fat powerlifter.
Reply 14

I've ramped up the lifts slowly, but I think I'll be repping 60kg press, 90kg bench, 140kg squat and 160kg deadlift in the next few weeks. Video proof as soon as I make it!

90KG bench at 220 is pretty awful im sorry, my mate weighs 168 and benches 80KG for reps and he doesnt even do powerlifting.

squat is strong though
(edited 9 years ago)
Fatty gon' fat!

Well you've gotten a lot bigger but also undeniably a lot fatter. Guess it depends what you're going for and what your priorities/goals are.

Those are fairly terrible lifts for 100kg though. I can do all of those at 78-79kg (and I'm over 6ft) besides the squat which I don't train.

IMO you'd have been much better served putting on the weight more slowly (less fat gain) giving yourself more time to get stronger and build the muscle, which would almost certainly have resulted in you being a lot stronger and bigger (muscularly) by the time you hit 100kg.
Reply 17
Original post by In One Ear
Well you've gotten a lot bigger but also undeniably a lot fatter. Guess it depends what you're going for and what your priorities/goals are.

Those are fairly terrible lifts for 100kg though. I can do all of those at 78-79kg (and I'm over 6ft) besides the squat which I don't train.

IMO you'd have been much better served putting on the weight more slowly (less fat gain) giving yourself more time to get stronger and build the muscle, which would almost certainly have resulted in you being a lot stronger and bigger (muscularly) by the time you hit 100kg.

Why don't you squat?
Original post by Doob
90KG bench at 220 is pretty awful im sorry, my mate weighs 168 and benches 80KG for reps and he doesnt even do powerlifting.

squat is strong though

105kg bench crew at 168lbs/76kg...I think I can lift more.
130x2 squat.

his lifts aren't bad if he only started lifting within the last year. It's not all about the weight. there's a lot to learn in the first year about the lifts, rest,, routine etc

Sent from my HTC One
Original post by Zshoom
Why don't you squat?

Simply because I find back-squatting heavy is utter misery :tongue:.

Quick Reply

Latest