The Student Room Group

Any tips for first time wax?

So tomorrow I'm going to a salon to get a full leg and g-string wax and I'm pretty terrified to say the least! I'm not entirely sure what a g-string wax entails but I wanted more than just a bikini and this seems to be the next step up before a brazilian. I am used to epilating my legs and can tolerate that but I have never waxed anything before and I have never done anything to my bikini area except used hair removal cream on my bikini line once. I feel soooo self conscious about it because my thighs are extremely fat and have cellulite, and I'm also shy about exposing myself "down there"! And my legs are very dotty and red from epilating so much and I'm embarrassed about that too. Also the hair on my legs is rather short at the moment but it says this wax can remove hairs as short as 1mm so this should be ok. I'm also worried that I might be allergic to the wax as I am allergic to hair removal cream on my lower legs but not my thighs or my bikini for some reason? But basically I'm just scared about being self-conscious and the pain!! Any advice please? :colondollar:
Original post by Anonymous
'm not entirely sure what a g-string wax entails

What's the first rule? Never sign up for something without knowing what it is you are agreeing to :smile:

Hair removal cream is very different stuff from wax/sugar treatments. One kills off the hair, one way or another, and the other just sticks to it so it (and all its friends) can be yanked out - that's why it involves a sharp pain.
Reply 2
Went through with it and the pain wasn't bad at all. However I am disappointed with the results as apparently the hair was too short on legs. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest