The Student Room Group

If you have a REALLY fat friend.....

...and they look you in the eye and say: "Do you think i'm fat?"

What do you do/say?

Scroll to see replies

You make sure you are equipped with the skill of spitting "cutting remarks" and tell them "Yeah!"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Silence or no comment or put your headphones in. They would get the message or you could buy them a gym membership for one month.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You start singing the oompa loompa song. They'll get the message...
Reply 4
You aren't skinny. That is for sure.
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Silence or no comment or put your headphones in. They would get the message or you could buy them a gym membership for one month.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But you're just saying that because you're too nervous to talk :cool:
Wouldn't answer. I'd ask them why they're asking me, and suggest if they're unhappy with their appearance they should do something about it

Then I'd point out a good feature they have

But I don't really have any friends that are close enough to ask it
Original post by facetious
But you're just saying that because you're too nervous to talk :cool:

No i wouldnt want to hurt their feelings but i would want them to change and have a better lifestyle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd say you're a lot chubba than is normal
Reply 9
I would say "What is your BMI? If it's over 25, then I guess technically you are ..."
Original post by HCubed
I would say "What is your BMI? If it's over 25, then I guess technically you are ..."

But the person may be muscular so their BMI is going to be over 25

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd probably have to shoot my mum and then explain I had a funeral to go to and run off.

In hindsight, I probably could just run off, given that they are so fat, it'd probably be fine.
I would say "you look good". I don't like to bring people down. :colondollar:
Well obviously... I mean you know it, I know it.
Reply 14
Original post by insomniacz
...and they look you in the eye and say: "Do you think i'm fat?"

What do you do/say?

How is it possible that a REALLY fat person doesn't know he/she is fat. I think there is another question there, like, Do you mind that I am fat? Or something else. But if it is that this REALLY fat person doesn't own a mirror or a scale, go by the facts... Over 25 BMI is fat and over 32 (I think) is obesity.
Original post by mabw
How is it possible that a REALLY fat person doesn't know he/she is fat. I think there is another question there, like, Do you mind that I am fat? Or something else. But if it is that this REALLY fat person doesn't own a mirror or a scale, go by the facts... Over 25 BMI is fat and over 32 (I think) is obesity.

over 30 is obese.
Reply 16
I know this person is probably obese but if I wanted to be truthful but not too harsh at the same time, I'd say 'yeah you're overweight but you're not exactly obese'.
I'd say dw you're fit enough for the England football team
Reply 18
It's okay, I wouldn't have a really fat friend.
id say yes ur fat u fat ****
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest