The Student Room Group

He doesn't make an effort... break up?

I've been officially with this guy for 4 months but we were seeing each other a few months prior to this. Since easter he has been very distant with me and I don't know why.

He never initiates anything. If I don't contact him, there is no contact. If I don't suggest going out somewhere, we won't go out.

Often I find that he takes days to reply to a text/fb message, and thats if he replies at all! Also I can see that he's been on facebook and playing games so its not like he was really busy. When he does reply, the conversation is short, or half way through he will just disappear. Its not like I'm being clingy either, I text maybe 2 or 3 times a week, and lucky to get a reply once a week. Also I am lucky to see him once a week.

I asked him straight what was wrong, and if he's still interested. He apologised, said he definitely was, then spoke to me the rest of the night. But then after that it was like we hadn't had the conversation at all!

What should I do? Am I being clingy and expecting too much?

Its starting to get to me now
Doesn't sound like a relationship at all to me.
Original post by Anonymous
I've been officially with this guy for 4 months but we were seeing each other a few months prior to this. Since easter he has been very distant with me and I don't know why.

He never initiates anything. If I don't contact him, there is no contact. If I don't suggest going out somewhere, we won't go out.

Often I find that he takes days to reply to a text/fb message, and thats if he replies at all! Also I can see that he's been on facebook and playing games so its not like he was really busy. When he does reply, the conversation is short, or half way through he will just disappear. Its not like I'm being clingy either, I text maybe 2 or 3 times a week, and lucky to get a reply once a week. Also I am lucky to see him once a week.

I asked him straight what was wrong, and if he's still interested. He apologised, said he definitely was, then spoke to me the rest of the night. But then after that it was like we hadn't had the conversation at all!

Of course you're not, any normal person in a relationship would want to talk to and see their partner. As the person above said, it doesn't really sound like a relationship!

You said you've already addressed the issue. I think if I were you, I'd maybe bring it up again and see if it changes, but really, if he's putting in zero effort he's not worth it in my opinion
Reply 3
I'm not one for constant communication but even I know that what he's giving you isn't acceptable or enough.

Even if you were clingy, which it doesn't sound like, it's irrelevent as you being happy in the relationship is of most importance.
I get the impression OP wrote this; http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2718768&highlight=she%27s+distant; Fellow TSRians, we've been trolled.
Reply 5
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
I get the impression OP wrote this; http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2718768&highlight=she%27s+distant; Fellow TSRians, we've been trolled.

That certainly has nothing to do with me...
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous

You and him have very little to no verbal communication at all... I think that your relationship ended when he became distant.
Reply 7
Of course you're not, any normal person in a relationship would want to talk to and see their partner. As the person above said, it doesn't really sound like a relationship!

You said you've already addressed the issue. I think if I were you, I'd maybe bring it up again and see if it changes, but really, if he's putting in zero effort he's not worth it in my opinion

Original post by Mockery
I'm not one for constant communication but even I know that what he's giving you isn't acceptable or enough.

Even if you were clingy, which it doesn't sound like, it's irrelevent as you being happy in the relationship is of most importance.

Thank you guys, I'm glad people agree with me. Makes me feel a lot better about feeling this way about it all! I think I'll bring it up with him again, and see if anything changes. I really hope we can work this out because when we do see each other, we have a lot of fun.
Reply 8
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk

I think if this was a troll it would be a little more entertaining why would he/she troll like this?
Original post by cdude
I think if this was a troll it would be a little more entertaining why would he/she troll like this?

They just seem fairly similar to me, that's all
Reply 10
It doesn't sound much like a relationship, no offense. :erm:
efforts long just suck his dick and be happy
Reply 12
the man wants a casual one, LAD
Maybe he just wants some privacy on Facebook? He does't have to be offline but still online (and hidden) simply because otherwise he would have to hang out with you! :pepsi:
My ex was like that and when I would text he would ignore it, we broke up about 2 months ago, he moved onto someone else within two weeks. If I were you I'd speak to him, tell him you don't spend enough time together or communicate properly, relationships need both of these to work.
Break up. He's not worth your time and effort. Your future self will be glad if you do it, trust me
Like you say, it seems that he's not making any effort or giving any good reason why he's being distant. You should talk to him about it to get some closure on the issue. Hope you work things out :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending