The Student Room Group

Anyone else have bad eyesight?

Scroll to see replies

Football referees often have this, especially at Old Trafford. Not seeing a handball by a Man U player last Sunday, for example.
My eyes around the same prescription -7.75 and -8.00 and without glasses I don't recognize faces unless like a foot in front of my I recognize poeple by thier voice or boy shape even cough or sneezes
I get the first line
I'm severely visually impaired/leglly blind. I have an even condition that means when I'm outside in the sun it very difficult. Therefore I wear glasses that get dimmer, so they're like sunglasses. I don't use glssses for anything else as they make no difference to my vision. I'm at high isk of developing glaucoma so I have to say I'm pretty lucky to have some remaining and my disability has definitely made me a much stronger and resilient person - it's basically one thing that has helped me create my personality.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by qewrtyu
Urgh I know only one person who has worse eyesight than me. Got a prescription of -7 :'(

I’ve got -13.00 in my right eye bb so I win x
How do you even see? 😉
If any of you see enough to hold a driving license you don't have "bad eyesight"... I'm lucky if I can read half the required distance on a good day.
its ok buddy ..cz here i m with my -8.00 in both eyes ..though i strted with a -3 as an eight year old child bt itz been a while since then i hv lost a wholesome amount off my eyesight..i cn feel the way you do bt then its alryt i ll be goin for this laser eye surgery thingy .. hopefully it turns out well.luck n spirit to ya.
юлдт
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by whydoieventry
Got mine in year 7, but due to the perceived shame of it I didn't wear them properly till year 9. I'm -3.5 in both eyes, gradually getting worse. Not sure if I want laser eye surgery though...

I have the same prescription! I'm only 14 and I'm so damn worried bc its gonna get worse but laser eye surgery is quite risky so contacts might be better. Question, do you think that -3.5 is actually really bad? Bc everyone I know literally calls me blind

Quick Reply

Latest