The Student Room Group

Strangers staring in public

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by EatAndRevise
I am a 17 year-old male and recently I have found myself becoming very self-conscious, and in public I get very anxious because I feel as if people are staring at me, especially females. I cannot figure out if I am butt-ugly, or if people just stare for no reason. Also, I am about 6ft 3, if that has something to do with it. inb4 request for pics.

I just wanted to find out if other people find strangers staring at them, on a regular basis, or if I am unique in that regard.

I think most teenagers (including my self) go through a stage of being anxious and self- conscious in public. Chances are the people you see in the street are just going about their day, wrapped up in their own world, if your eyes meet with someone else they may not even register tbh.
Original post by Tom78
I think most teenagers (including my self) go through a stage of being anxious and self- conscious in public. Chances are the people you see in the street are just going about their day, wrapped up in their own world, if your eyes meet with someone else they may not even register tbh.

This- as Alan Bennett says - the shy imagine that everyone is looking at them and it makes them feel uneasy : the confident imagine that everyone is looking at them and think ' quite right too! '
Reply 42
Original post by pickup
This- as Alan Bennett says - the shy imagine that everyone is looking at them and it makes them feel uneasy : the confident imagine that everyone is looking at them and think ' quite right too! '

Haha, great quote.
Reply 43
Original post by EatAndRevise
I am a 17 year-old male and recently I have found myself becoming very self-conscious, and in public I get very anxious because I feel as if people are staring at me, especially females. I cannot figure out if I am butt-ugly, or if people just stare for no reason. Also, I am about 6ft 3, if that has something to do with it. inb4 request for pics.

I just wanted to find out if other people find strangers staring at them, on a regular basis, or if I am unique in that regard.

If women are looking your direction just make eye contact and smile, they're probably interested in you. Step up like a man and just introduce yourself, some sexy time would definitely help with your self esteem issues.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending