The Student Room Group

My 'bestfriend'

So annoyed right now! [I work weekends]

I've been 18 a while, it was his birthday yesterday.

Originally he wanted to go on a big night out to "major city", instead of where everyone goes out to "local town." So I agreed, booked the time off work (about 2 weeks ago)

Last week he says, I'm not going out to "major city" anymore, no-one else apart from you said they'd go - he has different 'mates' to me, so calls it all off. He says he'll probably just go into "local town" instead.

The start of this week he says - lets go to Scotland for a weekend up there (his family own an apartment there) I say I'll try and get the time off work. Boss lets me go - although I know it's not ideal as we're a bit short staffed, but he lets me have the time off. I feel guilty for abandoning work - but it's my best mates 18th, I want him to have good night! So we agree to go there.

2 days before we're supposed to go he says he's not going there anymore. We'll just go out to the local town Friday, do something during Saturday day and then go out Saturday night.

I meet him and his 'mates' down their local town last night. We're there for 2 hours before all his mates decide they're going home. Seriously? It's your mates birthday - whatever I'll stay out with him. We start walking then he says he'll get picked up soon and call it a night, we'll do something tomorrow night (he's ruled out Saturday day plans because he's going out with his gf)

Well now I'm sitting here, he's not replying to my texts even though I sent them hours ago. Completely ruined my weekend, caused me to miss out on about £60-£70 through work. Probably out with his 'mates'

Well, sorry for trynna give a good weekend to my best mate, despite him cancelling everything

/rant

Should i still talk to be mates with him? I think this has shown he doesn't give a **** about me, constantly cancelling stuff when I'm trynna do things for him - causing me to miss out on my own stuff too.
Reply 1
the local place isn't even local to me, takes me 20 minutes - if I'm lucky to get a lift. I had to walk home. An hour and a half walk.
Reply 2
oh, nvm. He's already out with his mates - guess he forgot to mention the plans to me :smile:
Well, he seems like a **** and I would just ignore him for a while and the next time he asks you on a night out, just say you're busy. Don't work your schedule to fit around him since he doesn't seem to give a crap about you (no offence). He doesn't deserve the time of day. If you want to ask him why he didn't invite you, go ahead but I personally wouldn't do that. All this changing dates and what you're going to do is something I find annoying personally but take this as a lesson. Never reschedule for him. I'm sorry that he done this to you but chin up, at least he has shown his true colours. How did you know he is out with his mates? Did he message you?
Reply 4
Original post by Wonderer1
Well, he seems like a **** and I would just ignore him for a while and the next time he asks you on a night out, just say you're busy. Don't work your schedule to fit around him since he doesn't seem to give a crap about you (no offence). He doesn't deserve the time of day. If you want to ask him why he didn't invite you, go ahead but I personally wouldn't do that. All this changing dates and what you're going to do is something I find annoying personally but take this as a lesson. Never reschedule for him. I'm sorry that he done this to you but chin up, at least he has shown his true colours. How did you know he is out with his mates? Did he message you?

I agree never reschedule for him. Personally I would not call him friend after these events, but a guy who i just hang out or will not continue hanging out in the near future.
He was out with his gf ? Is this a gay thing you have going on for him ?
Reply 6
Original post by Old_Simon
He was out with his gf ? Is this a gay thing you have going on for him ?

:s-smilie: Apparently you are not that kind of person that your relationships are based on the character than gender
**** him. Go make some new friends.

Sorry if that sounds pretty blunt and mean, but I've been in your shoes before. There's literally no point hanging around for people like him. They'll do it over and over again, trust me. Distance yourself from him a little bit, if he doesn't notice then there's your big red flag- he never gave a **** about you in the first place. But seriously, don't put so much effort into your friendship, go develop some more with people who won't mess you about like that.
Reply 8
Original post by Novascope
**** him. Go make some new friends.

Sorry if that sounds pretty blunt and mean, but I've been in your shoes before. There's literally no point hanging around for people like him. They'll do it over and over again, trust me. Distance yourself from him a little bit, if he doesn't notice then there's your big red flag- he never gave a **** about you in the first place. But seriously, don't put so much effort into your friendship, go develop some more with people who won't mess you about like that.

^This, basically.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Luffy_San
:s-smilie: Apparently you are not that kind of person that your relationships are based on the character than gender

You know the truth :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending