The Student Room Group

Do you like your siblings?

I really ike my siblings they`re ok, I get along with my younger brother really well though :smile:
So if you don`t like your siblings why is that? Is it because of jealousy or is it because your parents treat you less than your siblings..
I think some parents judges their children through their physical appearances, not by their behaviour..and so treats their children unequally which is so saad:frown: I`m very grateful to have parents that don`t treat me like that..:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

They get along with each other but i don't butt in.
Reply 2
My parents love my older brother and sister more despite the fact that I'm smarter and more academically qualified than both of them. They don't love me the same.

I don't keep contact with them anymore.

Life's not fair.
We argue every single day but yeah I love them.
They're really freaking annoying, but at the end of the day they're my siblings. I kinda have to care about them, at least a bit :tongue:
I like them but don't really talk to them all that much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Differently. Before the divorce of my parents, yes I liked my brother indeed. After separation (my brother lived by my father and me by my mother) I have had a bad relationship to him. After a while it gets better and so I liked him again til his death.
Meh, big age differences between us all (30, 14 and 10 years) I'm the youngest by far... age difference= communication difference IMHO...
My brother is an annoying little nightmare but he's my nightmare and I love him to absolute pieces

I can't tell if my parents have favourites, my mother tells me I'm her favourite daughter but then I'm her only daughter :rolleyes:
Reply 9
I love my sister even though she can be a bit annoying and mean at times.
(edited 9 years ago)
We fight like crazy but i love my sisters,all 5 of them :biggrin:
Love both of my older brothers, they can be annoying of course and we argue like all siblings but ultimately they're the people who know me best and I'd consider them my closest friends really :h:
Original post by Secretnerd123
We argue every single day but yeah I love them.

How many siblings do you have if you don`t mind me asking?
Original post by Armin.
My parents love my older brother and sister more despite the fact that I'm smarter and more academically qualified than both of them. They don't love me the same.

I don't keep contact with them anymore.

Life's not fair.

Why don`t you try and reach out to your siblings it`s not like it is their fault your parents love them more...?
Original post by Kallisto
Differently. Before the divorce of my parents, yes I liked my brother indeed. After separation (my brother lived by my father and me by my mother) I have had a bad relationship to him. After a while it gets better and so I liked him again til his death.

That`s really sad to hear :frown: How are you coping with his death and do you miss him?
Yes of course.. We don't scream half as much as before which is much better! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
I certainly do owe most of them a large debt of gratitude. I won't comment on whether I like them or not, I don't have the right to make that judgment.
I love all my siblings, just had a fight with one of my older brother and I am going to apologise in a bit because it was my fault. We have our ups and downs but I do truly adore all of them.
Reply 16
My sister's three years older than me and as much as she's a narcissistic bitch I suppose I do love her, although I can't wait for uni so I can finally have all my own clothes without fear of her stealing them haha
And then I have a brother who's a year younger than me and we're basically like twins we get on so well
As for the physical appearance thing, we pretty much all look alike so there's no 'favouritism' there. We are all different in personality though and I'm much more like my mum than the other but she does baby my brother
[video="youtube;FihCxmQiIqw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FihCxmQiIqw[/video]

It's a love/hate relationship for me. Talk about double standards :biggrin:
Their c*nts but I love them
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by JuliusSeizure
(...)
That`s really sad to hear :frown: How are you coping with his death and do you miss him?

He is dead for eight years. I have coped this loss in this time. Whether I miss him? difficult to say...

Quick Reply

Latest