The Student Room Group

Going to be used what am I doing wrong?

Hi TSR,

I met a guy in a club who i like I rarely like many people so it was new for me anyway I was interested in dating him however he only has interest in one thing taking my Virginity I honestly thought he liked me luckily I didn't have sex with as I wanted to keep my dignity. I still like him and if it was different i would of had sex with I just don't like the idea of getting with someone who will just use me.

I am a pretty ,nice ,successful girl and I just don't understand why i can't find someone I like who will respect me.

Any suggestions on what to do.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Good judgement - avoid the sharks. From what you say you have no problem. Go on dates and progress one step at a time..
Reply 2
Original post by Zarek
Good judgement - avoid the sharks. From what you say you have no problem. Go on dates and progress one step at a time..

Thanks Its shame because I do like him I just can't let myself get involved with someone who will use me.
Having encountered someone like this, I did decide that it was clear he was after one thing and decided I couldn't be with someone like him.
Reply 4
Original post by OU Student
Having encountered someone like this, I did decide that it was clear he was after one thing and decided I couldn't be with someone like him.

Do you still like him though and was it the best decision at in the long run?
Wow a girl that actually sussed a player. I don't see that happening.

Just go on dates and keep it non sexual for a while
Make him work for it. If he doesn't it's not worth it.
Reply 7
Original post by bittr n swt

Not a very good player he said he wouldn't go out with me but i could go and see im at his house anytime....
Well, I'd respect you more if you learned to punctuate.
Original post by sassy123
Not a very good player he said he wouldn't go out with me but i could go and see im at his house anytime....

Haha totally smooth.
Reply 10
Original post by TurboCretin
Well, I'd respect you more if you learned to punctuate.

I would respect you more if you had anything worth saying! Its only a forum.
(edited 9 years ago)
I would respect you more if you had anything worth saying! Its only a forum.

I have two things worth saying:

1) Don't sleep with someone you've met in a club before you've been on a few dates with them.

2) People are more likely to take you seriously if what you write doesn't read like a rambling stream of consciousness.

The first one had already been covered by somebody else.
(edited 9 years ago)
I am a pretty ,nice ,successful girl and I just don't understand why i can't find someone I like who will respect me.

If you want a relationship, a club is probably the worst place to look.
Do you still like him though and was it the best decision at in the long run?

No, I hate him and think it was the best decision. I then discovered he has a girlfriend.
Reply 14
Hi TSR,

I met a guy in a club who i like I rarely like many people so it was new for me anyway I was interested in dating him however he only has interest in one thing taking my Virginity I honestly thought he liked me luckily I didn't have sex with as I wanted to keep my dignity. I still like him and if it was different i would of had sex with I just don't like the idea of getting with someone who will just use me.

This is such an incredible tale to tell NOT

Unless you are somehow religious and are keeping your virginity for your future husband this tale will at some point will have no worth, just like the fact you at some point will not be a virgin.

I am going to guess you ain't going to keep your virginity for your husband like the majority of western women. You will probably have a long line of sex partners, so please tell me why you would complain about a guy wanting to take your virginity? Since hey you will probably lose it at some point to some guy you may never see again anyway.

This idea of being used by girls is somewhat confusing, complaining about losing something that they will probably lose to some other much more manipulative guy at some point, at least this fella was honest with you.

You state you honestly thinks he likes you and yes you were right he likes you and wants to f**k you. Maybe he does not want a long term relationship with you this does not necessarily mean you would be somehow used just cause you are looking for some fairy tale first date.

We all know its highly possible your first relationship won't last that long, it will be nice that it will be memorable for you and the guy treats you nice but lets face the truth, it will not last long.

Virginity lost now on to the next guy.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by bittr n swt

Exactly my point this guy was just a bit to obvious maybe a bit to honest with her, she will meet much more stealth like manipulative guys who will leave without a care after sex its a hollow victory in some sense.

Yet girls ask guys to be honest and look where it left this fella, not that I feel sorry for him but maybe this will show girls why some guys are not really interested in being honest.
Reply 16
Hi TSR,

Don't meet guys in clubs thinking they are looking for girls who they respect, the club scene is pretty much used to hook up with a girl.

I am sure there are guys in your social life maybe friends of friends who you could get to know and will treat you with respect of course these fellas could also turn out to be after one thing.

You just have to read their intentions, everything's about experience at the end of the day.
Original post by Mancini
Exactly my point this guy was just a bit to obvious maybe a bit to honest with her, she will meet much more stealth like manipulative guys who will leave without a care after sex its a hollow victory in some sense.

Yet girls ask guys to be honest and look where it left this fella, not that I feel sorry for him but maybe this will show girls why some guys are not really interested in being honest.

Excellent post.
Hi TSR,

You did the right thing. A real person in love can go months and years without sex.
Original post by Mancini
This is such an incredible tale to tell NOT

Unless you are somehow religious and are keeping your virginity for your future husband this tale will at some point will have no worth, just like the fact you at some point will not be a virgin.

I am going to guess you ain't going to keep your virginity for your husband like the majority of western women. You will probably have a long line of sex partners, so please tell me why you would complain about a guy wanting to take your virginity? Since hey you will probably lose it at some point to some guy you may never see again anyway.

This idea of being used by girls is somewhat confusing, complaining about losing something that they will probably lose to some other much more manipulative guy at some point, at least this fella was honest with you.

You state you honestly thinks he likes you and yes you were right he likes you and wants to f**k you. Maybe he does not want a long term relationship with you this does not necessarily mean you would be somehow used just cause you are looking for some fairy tale first date.

We all know its highly possible your first relationship won't last that long, it will be nice that it will be memorable for you and the guy treats you nice but lets face the truth, it will not last long.

Virginity lost now on to the next guy.

What's wrong with wanting your first time/first relationship to be special? What's wrong with having a little hope that it might actually be a long term relationship? I'm still with my first 'proper' boyfriend after almost three years together.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending