The Student Room Group

Is it worth meeting this girl? what can I talk about until we meet in September?

I have off from uni so I been living with my family in my hometown for the summer, not doing much because money and friends working so I've been a bit bored.

I joined a dating app, not thinking much of it but a girl on there has text me who taken a shine to me, she is coming to study in my hometown in September. We exchanged facebook and mobile numbers so we talk regularly

I was originally was going to go back in September but my course doesn't start until mid October so I agreed to stay in the hometown for a bit longer to meet the girl, she said I can join her with her uni freshers which means I'll be missing the 3rd freshers of mine.

also because I haven't been doing anything conversation with her has run a bit dry as I told all about my life etc so its now down to what you been doing today? which is nothing so I don't know how to keep the text convo going, when I meet her in September be easier.

Do you think its worth meeting her for that short amount of time? and what can I talk about so things don't get boring?
Original post by Anonymous
I have off from uni so I been living with my family in my hometown for the summer, not doing much because money and friends working so I've been a bit bored.

I joined a dating app, not thinking much of it but a girl on there has text me who taken a shine to me, she is coming to study in my hometown in September. We exchanged facebook and mobile numbers so we talk regularly

I was originally was going to go back in September but my course doesn't start until mid October so I agreed to stay in the hometown for a bit longer to meet the girl, she said I can join her with her uni freshers which means I'll be missing the 3rd freshers of mine.

also because I haven't been doing anything conversation with her has run a bit dry as I told all about my life etc so its now down to what you been doing today? which is nothing so I don't know how to keep the text convo going, when I meet her in September be easier.

Do you think its worth meeting her for that short amount of time? and what can I talk about so things don't get boring?

See the constant texting, I'm assuming on a daily basis, has run the conversations dry. Texting for me is something you use to meet up or to confirm meet ups, not to talk. The only time texting is used for talking is with friends, family and GF/BF.

Now, what I would do is severe contact with her, and I mean diminish it until you can both organise a day to meet up. She'll think "he must be busy" and it'll leave her intrigued.

It doesn't matter that you don't be able to see her much, all that counts is that you do see her. When you guys do meet you can see if she is romantically interested or not, because I doubt you can tell over text.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending