The Student Room Group

Converting to Straight law

Hello!
If I apply to a joint honours degree course (such as law with criminology), through clearing, with lower grade requirements than the single honours law. Can I drop the criminology and convert to single honours after?
Original post by Minuscule Mort
Hello!
If I apply to a joint honours degree course (such as law with criminology), through clearing, with lower grade requirements than the single honours law. Can I drop the criminology and convert to single honours after?

Just popped this in Applications and UCAS for you :smile: You should get a reply now :smile:
Hello!

It would depend on the uni, whether they have places on the other course, and whether you meet any pre-requisites such has having completed the right modules before switching.
Reply 3
It is possible to switch stream once you've enrolled but there are no guarantees, as it depends on many factors.
Hello!

Universities are very unkeen on attempting to get into popular courses through the back door. Don't accept a course with the aim of changing it. What will you do if they won't let you change? You would be stuck with a course you didn't choose.
Hello!

Hi, we have places on both our Law an Law with Criminology course. You can find full details about entry requirements here. Our Law with criminology course allows you to transfer to straight law. If you fit the entry requirements and want to come through clearing, ring 01522 886622.

Hope that helps :smile:

Reece
(Student Ambassador - Undergraduate Biomedical Science, Postgraduate Marketing)
Thank you for all your replies, however, I got into my firm so I need not worry anymore. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending