The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Please don't retake your a levels unless you feel it's necessary use that as last plan ever please.
Original post by -thechosenone
My sixth form won't let me retake the year:frown: and with pakistani parents, explaining failure isn't easy

Can you not resist or go to a collage or something it's not the end it's just the begging or have you thought about an HND or foundation year or something ( I hope your Mum and Dad are not too hard on you keep us posted)
Even popular courses like law and psychology
Reply 23
Original post by aliman65
I know someone who got four U grades and now has a degree in engineering with a job that earns something like 30k a year. It really is not the end.

What uni did they go to?
Thank you everybody for all the amazing advice and making me feel much better!
I'd like to update you all and let you know that in fact it was not the end of the world.
I rang Huddersfield University for a clearing place in Early years teacher status and I got accepted!
Once again, thank you everyone for the support. I truly appreciate it- honestly!
Good Luck, have a fantastic time :smile:
Original post by -thechosenone
I got DDE at a level and really want to go to uni. I know clearing isnt right for me because of the courses they have and i don't know what to do:frown: can you still fail and still do well in life?

you are worth a lot more than the grades you got on a piece of paper.
you don't always have to be successful to have good grades.
Well done just prove to the Uni you can do it
Reply 28
Try to talk to a careers advisor and maybe for you the best option would be to enroll in a college which can open up many oppurtunies to go to uni! dont give up, im sure there is something you can do. Your parents will support you no matter what, even though if they seem annoyed. Good luck and im sure things will turn out good!
Reply 29
Original post by MrHogwash
I'm starting to worry now.

me too :frown: ive a exam day after tomorrow...gossshhh wat if i faill :'(
Hello, can you tell me how you did that? Did you retake or join foundation? Congratulations on your degree!
Original post by aliman65
I know someone who got four U grades and now has a degree in engineering with a job that earns something like 30k a year. It really is not the end.

Wow! Can you tell me how you did it? Did you retake or go into foundation or something else? Congratulations on your degree!
It’s been a while since i posted this problem of mine just after i received my A level results and thought I was actually going to fail in life! I thought the only right thing to do was give an update for all the other students that are stuck in the same situation as i was so they know that they really have nothing to worry about.
Well just after i posted on TSR i decided to randomly scroll through clearing to see (you know... maybe there was something out there for me!) and i ended up finding a course at the University of Huddersfield but it required higher grades. As you can probably imagine, i was gutted! I took the chance anyway and called up the clearance line and ended up bagging myself an interview after which they gave me an offer (ABSOLUTELY LOVELY PEOPLE!). I did my 3 years there and actually graduated there in July 2017 so a big jump from someone who thought i’d never get into uni!
Right now I’m doing my masters and i’ve put my bad A level results behind me.
Anyone in my situation.. please know there’s something out there for everyone. Just try not to worry❤️
Goodluck! Feel free to message me if you need someone to talk to!
Congratulations!

That is great news!

Just to add to the inspiration I heard of someone who got a 3rd from Hull and ended getting a job and a 3rd in Computer Science with work placement experience who got into a well paid job quickly after graduation.

And another tsr user who jumped from
averaging a 3rd in second year to graduating with a 2.1 in Economics!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by New- Emperor
Can you not resist or go to a collage or something it's not the end it's just the begging or have you thought about an HND or foundation year or something ( I hope your Mum and Dad are not too hard on you keep us posted)

peak fam

Latest

Trending

Trending