Wrong History AS Level marking? Watch

Dzporkpie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi guys

I got my Edexcel history AS result back yesterday , it was quiet confusing.
I managed to get full marks on unit 1 and 48/100 e on unit 2 , could there be an error somewhere....
It just feel weird getting full marks in one and getting e in the other...
I have never got worse than a B in classes and mocks.
TinyPuppyPaws
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've got the same problem In all the mocks, I've been getting A's and never less than 27/30 on each question. Somehow, I got 64/100 on one and 62/100 on the other. I know it's a similar mark on both of them so it makes it look less than a mistake but how can I go from getting top marks to this despite doing hours and hours of revision. I'm so upset
Dzporkpie
Rep:
?
(Original post by TinyPuppyPaws)
I've got the same problem In all the mocks, I've been getting A's and never less than 27/30 on each question. Somehow, I got 64/100 on one and 62/100 on the other. I know it's a similar mark on both of them so it makes it look less than a mistake but how can I go from getting top marks to this despite doing hours and hours of revision. I'm so upset
Yeah...
My other grades were also a lot lower than I expected , but the history is definitely the weirdest one for me. I don't see how is it possible for me to get 100/100 on one and 48/100 on the other...
lightningdoritos
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TinyPuppyPaws)
THIS IS EXACTLY HOW I FEEL! I was predicted A's in History and I worked so hard all year round, even self teaching to get ahead of everyone, yet I somehow came out with two C's (both similar UMS)...
Dzporkpie
Rep:
?
(Original post by lightningdoritos)
THIS IS EXACTLY HOW I FEEL! I was predicted A's in History and I worked so hard all year round, even self teaching to get ahead of everyone, yet I somehow came out with two C's (both similar UMS)...
The even weirder thing is that I have done a question that is similar to the section B question before , and I got 36/40 for that. I just feel that there must be a mistake somewhere...
Carpe Diem Jay
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well **** :/ Clearly I chose the wrong subject for AS
ElementaryMyDear
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was predicted As in History, got As in every single essay I did during AS and managed to get Ds in both exams. I knew I messed up slightly in one exam, but the first exam I really didn't feel went that badly. I don't really know what I'm supposed to do about it though. I've had to drop it though it is going to affect my chances of getting into uni as I want to do an English degree and having an A-Level in History really helps.
29Bilal96
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got 78 and 80 for History (Edexcel) but was hoping for higher, as I'd done pretty well all throughout the year. I tend to get around 26/27 out of 30 for the mocks and homework, but converting the UMS I got around 20/21 in both which is kinda weird...going to remark though, and see what happens
Dzporkpie
Rep:
?
(Original post by ElementaryMyDear)
I was predicted As in History, got As in every single essay I did during AS and managed to get Ds in both exams. I knew I messed up slightly in one exam, but the first exam I really didn't feel went that badly. I don't really know what I'm supposed to do about it though. I've had to drop it though it is going to affect my chances of getting into uni as I want to do an English degree and having an A-Level in History really helps.
I just find the extremity hard to believe
ElementaryMyDear
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dzporkpie)
I just find the extremity hard to believe
Okay? I have no reason to lie on here so I don't see why you wouldn't... If it makes it easier to believe I find exams and revision hard because I have ADHD so probably wouldn't have got As anyway.
Dzporkpie
Rep:
?
Okay? I have no reason to lie on here so I don't see why you wouldn't... If it makes it easier to believe I find exams and revision hard because I have ADHD so probably wouldn't have got As anyway.
Well...
I wanted to do law at Oxford and was thinking about declaring my UMS scores for history...
Obviously 100/100 on unit1 looks good , but an e...
ElementaryMyDear
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well...
I wanted to do law at Oxford and was thinking about declaring my UMS scores for history...
Obviously 100/100 on unit1 looks good , but an e...
"Conditional offers are made on the basis of final grades alone and not UMS scores."

Oxford don't look at UMS scores - they look at overall grades. If you can get an A overall at A2 or can say that you passed a fourth subject at AS there is no reason to assume they won't consider you.
Dzporkpie
Rep:
?
"Conditional offers are made on the basis of final grades alone and not UMS scores."

Oxford don't look at UMS scores - they look at overall grades. If you can get an A overall at A2 or can say that you passed a fourth subject at AS there is no reason to assume they won't consider you.
It also says that you can declare your UMS , and tutors like it...
Btw , I was hoping to get an A in history to get AAA...
Airmed
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm the same too! I've never gotten lower than an A in history in my life, and ended up getting a B, 4 marks off an A, yesterday! People at my school who are great at history are getting weird marks, way lower than expected. I'm so disappointed, and I know a B is good, but I feel like I should have got higher.
Remark it is! (Followed by probably resit.)
ElementaryMyDear
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It also says that you can declare your UMS , and tutors like it...
Btw , I was hoping to get an A in history to get AAA...
Okay, maybe you need to think about whether declaring your UMS will actually be beneficial to you if you got an E in an exam? Or just retake the E and not worry? I'm pretty sure it says on the Oxford website somewhere that they know people have bad days and are happy to allow 1 or 2 module retakes...
Dzporkpie
Rep:
?
(Original post by CescaD96)
I'm the same too! I've never gotten lower than an A in history in my life, and ended up getting a B, 4 marks off an A, yesterday! People at my school who are great at history are getting weird marks, way lower than expected. I'm so disappointed, and I know a B is good, but I feel like I should have got higher.
Remark it is! (Followed by probably resit.)
Yeah..
I was just wondering could there have been a mistake somewhere?
Airmed
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah..
I'm wondering that too. I'm in Northern Ireland, my board is CCEA and usually they're ok, but it's a bit of a joke in my eyes.
ElementaryMyDear
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah..
Possibly. You could ask for a remark or get your paper back to see what went wrong? It's unlikely that it will be remarked as an A though so I think it's more likely that you answered a question wrong and need to do a retake. It's probably best to contact your head of Sixth Form and/or History teachers to talk it through though.
Dzporkpie
Rep:
?
Possibly. You could ask for a remark or get your paper back to see what went wrong? It's unlikely that it will be remarked as an A though so I think it's more likely that you answered a question wrong and need to do a retake. It's probably best to contact your head of Sixth Form and/or History teachers to talk it through though.
I have...
They said go for a remark , but my other results were also dodgy...
Dzporkpie
Rep:
?
It would also be unlikely that I answered the wrong question , as my topic were hugely different to the others.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (127)
17.84%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (72)
10.11%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.28%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (103)
14.47%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.83%
How can I be the best version of myself? (217)
30.48%

Watched Threads