The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

English Literature at Lancaster Uni?

This thread is open to future students studying English Literature (single or combined honours) at Lancaster University and students already studying English Literature! I really want to know who I'll be studying with in just under 2 months time! :biggrin: Also any advice from students already there would be very welcome! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I am! With Creative Writing!
Any idea on what minors you're going to be doing? :biggrin:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
English Literature with Creative Writing! Looking forward to it!
Reply 3
Original post by Mochassassin
I am! With Creative Writing!
Any idea on what minors you're going to be doing? :biggrin:

Hey! I'll be seeing you guys in a couple of months time! :biggrin:
Honestly I'm not sure, I'm not much of a writer and I prefer dissecting the meaning behind the book/film than writing about it. Only officially got in today (adjustment) so I'll do some more research 😊
Original post by JakeParkinson95
English Literature with Creative Writing! Looking forward to it!

Hi5!
Though I haven't written in months so prepare for terrible pieces of writing if you ever have the pleasure of being in my seminar group. :colondollar:
Original post by Freckles123
Hey! I'll be seeing you guys in a couple of months time! :biggrin:
Honestly I'm not sure, I'm not much of a writer and I prefer dissecting the meaning behind the book/film than writing about it. Only officially got in today (adjustment) so I'll do some more research 😊

Aw, I'm sure you'll grow to enjoy it once discussions begin in seminars/lectures! :smile:
Oh, congrats either way! I couldn't find a list of modules anywhere but I'm hoping to throw a language in there since CW is a minor.
You have two though, go wild with your options! :wink:
Reply 6
Hi guys :hi: I'm doing English Literature and Creative Writing, although I'm kinda nervous about everyone reading my writing as it's not something I'm used to. I want to do Film as my minor although I don't think you can do Film as a minor subject, and I have no idea what else to do. :s-smilie:
Reply 7
Aw, I'm sure you'll grow to enjoy it once discussions begin in seminars/lectures! :smile:
Oh, congrats either way! I couldn't find a list of modules anywhere but I'm hoping to throw a language in there since CW is a minor.
You have two though, go wild with your options! :wink:

I'm sure I will :biggrin: thanks :smile: I've seen the modules you get to choose from the English literature course and my inner nerd is screaming! Haha oh I will :wink:
Reply 8
Original post by Writer96
Hi guys :hi: I'm doing English Literature and Creative Writing, although I'm kinda nervous about everyone reading my writing as it's not something I'm used to. I want to do Film as my minor although I don't think you can do Film as a minor subject, and I have no idea what else to do. :s-smilie:

I'm sure you'll be great! :smile: Did you have to submit some work? (This applies to everyone btw). Film sounds awesome if possible, how do you find the possible modules? :biggrin:
Reply 9
Also (if everyone doesn't mind, I'm not trying to be weird :P ) can I add you guys on Facebook/any other social media? It would be nice to know a few faces! :smile: Getting so excited and nervous for all of this at the same time :O
I'm sure I will :biggrin: thanks :smile: I've seen the modules you get to choose from the English literature course and my inner nerd is screaming! Haha oh I will :wink:

Oh, sorry! I meant a list of minors* not modules. The modules sound FANTASTIC. Fangirling like mental about some of the literature we have to read! Aaaaaah. :biggrin:
Original post by Writer96

Hi5! I'm slightly worried about getting critique off other people and giving it too! Also worried about writer's block visiting my brain too since it loves to do that often. :eek:

Film sounds really good as a minor, here's to hoping you can do it! I'm thinking Italian. :biggrin:
Oh, sorry! I meant a list of minors* not modules. The modules sound FANTASTIC. Fangirling like mental about some of the literature we have to read! Aaaaaah. :biggrin:

Ahh that makes more sense! :P I know :biggrin: gothic romanticism *squeal* :biggrin: thanks for the social stuff, I'll sort it out now whilst looking up the minors! 😊
Zoe, it was such a good idea to start this forum page thing! I'm doing English Literature too ☺️ Do you mind if I add you on Facebook as well Tanjida?
Hey guys! I'm doing English Lit with Creative Writing as well, so excited for it :biggrin:
Original post by KingOrokos
Hey guys! I'm doing English Lit with Creative Writing as well, so excited for it :biggrin:

Hey :biggrin: welcome to the thread! Is there anything you're excited for in particular? (Certain aspects of the course etc)
Also (if it's ok with you) can the people on this thread add you on Facebook/any other social medium? If so what do they (and I) need to search for? :smile:
Hey :biggrin: welcome to the thread! Is there anything you're excited for in particular? (Certain aspects of the course etc)
Also (if it's ok with you) can the people on this thread add you on Facebook/any other social medium? If so what do they (and I) need to search for? :smile:

I'm sort of looking forward to everything really :') I suppose I'm most excited for the Creative Writing modules, since they'll be completely new whereas I'm already pretty familiar with English lit.

People can add me on facebook, but my name's Alex Smith so it might be a little bit more difficult for everyone to find me :') should we make a group on facebook and add everybody to it? Something like 'Lancaster University English Literature Undergraduates 2014' (or something equally snappy). And you can follow me on twitter @KingOrokos, but I haven't used it in quite a while.
Original post by KingOrokos
I'm sort of looking forward to everything really :') I suppose I'm most excited for the Creative Writing modules, since they'll be completely new whereas I'm already pretty familiar with English lit.

People can add me on facebook, but my name's Alex Smith so it might be a little bit more difficult for everyone to find me :') should we make a group on facebook and add everybody to it? Something like 'Lancaster University English Literature Undergraduates 2014' (or something equally snappy). And you can follow me on twitter @KingOrokos, but I haven't used it in quite a while.

Group made! Just go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/635965693168959/ :smile: if not search for Lancaster University English students 2014 :biggrin:
Will follow you on twitter later!
Reply 18
I'm sure you'll be great! :smile: Did you have to submit some work? (This applies to everyone btw). Film sounds awesome if possible, how do you find the possible modules? :biggrin:

No I didn't, and the modules sound really interesting. Although I am slightly more excited by the creative writing stuff. :h:
Reply 19
Also (if everyone doesn't mind, I'm not trying to be weird :P ) can I add you guys on Facebook/any other social media? It would be nice to know a few faces! :smile: Getting so excited and nervous for all of this at the same time :O

Yeah I'm on facebook, Christina Mellor. Would it be okay if I added you guys on facebook too? :biggrin:

Quick Reply